New fans/tourists are embarrassing

At the match on Tuesday night whilst I was having a chat with mates in the concourse and watching the goals on TV, 2 spannish guys approached us and asked what the Real Madrid score was, granted they were wearing a City scarf but I thought it was pleasing to have Madrid fans following us as their second team, they must like something about how we are playing........?!

Simon Le Tom said:
Manchester has hundreds of foreign students, god forbid they'll try and watch one of the top teams in the UK.

absolutely right - it'll be wall to wall skinny jeans and foppish hair - simply awful.

perhaps we could, rather than new, build a second stadium for all the newbies. this could be fully indoors, central heated, comfy chairs and with each newbie ticket you get a 3-D helmet with surround sound and "chant-o-vision" to fully immerse yourself in to the "soccer-type project experience"

that will leave the stadium for mancs - take the roof off, let the freezing rain pour in and we can all piss on each others shoes for good measure whilst huddling round a plastic cup of tepid bovril.

do you think I should put this idea to the sheikh?

New fans/tourists are embarrassing

Aaahh - was it them thowing the paper around then - thank fuck!!

I was worried that it had been established CITY fans acting like total fuckwits who couldn't give a fuck about the impact to our club. This is a great relief

I became a city fan when I was seven years old (season 67-68 ) as you can imagine there were not a lot of city fans like me here in Ragland.I have carried that passion in my heart for a long time now,and if anyone tried to cheepen that passion of mine after all those years because I was not born in Manchester........well let me put it like this,you would have one hell of a fucking fight on your hands,I might not have been born in Manchester but I have lived my whole life as a blue and will die a blue.now how would I feel if I saw a young kid over here in Ragland wearing a city shirt and becoming a new fan because of our increased profile ? Well I would say well done kid,keep the faith,because it takes a lot over here to stand apart from those rag fuckdogs.so here's a thought for all those people that say we are not real fans,yes you carry the fight every day in manchester,but fans like me and others fight the good fight overseas and show every other fan of every other club what it means to CITY.

mcfcliam said:
Now I know we need them to 'move forward as a club' but...

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!

The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

I was in 105 and saw the "tourists" that you talk of. Being from Scotland and a fan of City for over 30 years i have no links to Manchester but just fell in love with the team at a young age because of certain players that played then, i.e. Donnachie, Hartford. I don't see the reasoning behind your dislike of it ?? It's like when you were a kid and liked a new band and then everyone else started to mention them and you got jealous cos they were "your" band ?? Would you be saying this if we were still shit and they had came to the game ?? I doubt it. To be honest i didn't here whatever songs they were singing ...all i saw were some young people really having a good time and ejoying the occasion, maybe you could try it ??

Longsight-memories said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Longsight-memories said:
Sooner have a stadium full of Mancs.. & i mean Mancs.. not stiffs from out in the sticks.. but thats just me being old fashion

how about getting a manc in the team first eh

paul power openshaw
Derek Jeffiers longsight
Stan bowels moston
Rodger palmer
dave conner Whythenshaw
Joe Corrigan
paul hince

to name just a few

Actually Big Joe was from Sale Moor so not a proper Manc according to your warped logic.

Longsight-memories said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Longsight-memories said:
Sooner have a stadium full of Mancs.. & i mean Mancs.. not stiffs from out in the sticks.. but thats just me being old fashion

how about getting a manc in the team first eh

paul power openshaw
Derek Jeffiers longsight
Stan bowels moston
Rodger palmer
dave conner Whythenshaw
Joe Corrigan
paul hince

to name just a few

He was shit hot!!!

I commute to the games from London.

Returning after the Everton game a few weeks back 2 lads from the far east boarded the train and sat close by - city shirts, scalves, hats, badges, everything.

As the train drew closer to Stoke they each went to the bathroom and retuned with City memorabilia packed into backpacks. They then got off and I understood from their conversation that they were then off to see Stoke - Utd.

Didn’t really know what to think about it... Didn’t like it at first... But then figured I’d have no qualms doing the same if in a foreign country with no allegiance. Just love football.

So the consensus of the thread seems to be, welcome aboard and ignore the small minded minority, not surprising really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.