Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Didn’t see enough from Phillips! He made 112 passes and had a very respectable 91% pass completion.
He couldn’t control his bowel movements. Strolling around making no impact in the game at all. What a one paced pony. If you think he’s ok then fine. He was overrun by a shite Newcastle 2nd string. Unfortunately he’s a dud and we need to work around him

Credit where it's due, that 10 min spell after halftime was brilliant from Newcastle, they drowned us.The ref was overawed by the home crowd once they scored though. Joelinton made Fernandinho look like a choirboy in comparison tonight, and got off scot free again.

It's poor decision making from Lewis for the goal, a very inexperienced decision. I think the lad's future will be in midfield long-term. I felt Gvardiol got caught on the turn a bit tonight, still adapting to the fastest league in the world but he's got so much potential.

Grealish and Phillips need to get some weight off. They move like men down the pub. Shouldn't be drinking.

Doku game changer once again, must be given a chance as a starter in big games. Alvarez plays better when Haaland is also on the pitch.

Never went tonight as something came up at home, unfortunately. Glad I'm not walking back to the car now past all them squealing Geordies. If we were to drop out of one tournament it would be this one, plenty of positives to take and more minutes in the legs. God knows how we are gonna cope without Rodri at Arsenal, it's over to the genius of Pep.
Fair assessment. Rico still has a lot to learn and miles off holding down a place. Alvarez works like a Trojan, but needs to improve his first touch and his close control. It costs us at times when it’s turned over and we’re on the attack. Akanji isn’t a dominant centre back, needs Dias or Stones with him.
This was a predominantly 2nd string. On to Wolves!

The reality is it’s probably for the best. Those two semi‘s in January are always a killer. Newcastle are a horrible bunch of dirty bastards with a snidey shithouse of a manager and that’s why I wanted us to smash them, but that’s my emotions getting in the way.

Safe journey back all you blue boys.
This.
The two semis can be brutal.
It's not worth it, particularly with the World Club championship this year.

Hate City losing any game and this trophy brings a lot of happy memories.

But this defeat doesn’t hurt. We have a lot of
Injuries and our main midfielder suspended. We are unbeaten in the league, won the Super Cup and have the world club championship which must be a priority to come. Our players are not machines.

No lack of effort tonight from a team that has never played together before , some of whom were not match fit

Don’t like their boring tactics and I think they will win nothing with their current manager but good luck Newcastle in the next round.

You’d think Newcastle were a league one side the way the sky commentators were talking. Ridiculously bias commentatory!

We weren’t at it, but no shame in losing to them
I think they’re Conference by their ‘lap of honour celebration’, they‘re bringing their families out next;)

Always want to win of course, but from a season preservation point of view if we are going to be out of a competition, this one at this stage is probably ideal.

Good to get minutes into the legs of some squad players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.