Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait till the mid week cup games kick in then it gets expensive
Newcastle’s support and region is very different to ours (and, say, Chelsea’s).

Newcastle, as a one club conurbation and the major club in their region of the country, have the potential to have one of the biggest club grounds in the country and fill it most of the time.

City share a conurbation with the best supported club in the country, about a dozen other clubs in the conurbation and there are two other clubs in the region with massive supports which all dilutes the wider Cheshire and Lancashire small-town areas and countryside will either support their local teams or United/Liverpool whereas up in the NE the majority of those kind of areas will be Newcastle fans.

Attendances are one of the things that Newcastle won’t have any problems with.

We're now starting to see headlines about Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool fighting to take Bruno off our hands. I think we might have some say in that, the arrogance is incredible as he was signed on a 4 1/2 year contract last January and is likely to be offered a new contract in the coming months.

He came to Newcastle and said that he wanted to be a lagend at the club. He signed for a club in a relegation fight but didn’t ask for a relegation clause. He's being recognised as a world class midfielder and one of the best in the toughest league in the world. The fans have loved him since day one and that’s mutual. He's almost certainly going to the world cup. His girlfriend has just had their first child which he calls a little Geordie. He could have had Sunday off after not sleeping for 2 days, he travelled to London and played 90 minutes. He's claimed that he's the happiest that he's ever been since leaving his first club. He's claimed that he's living his dream. His family are in Newcastle and his dad travels to every game and is treated like royalty by the fans and he loves it, he cries at times when he sees just how loved Bruno is.

I doubt he's going anywhere, and we’ll probably go through this with Botman when people start taking notice of him.

We're now starting to see headlines about Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool fighting to take Bruno off our hands. I think we might have some say in that, the arrogance is incredible as he was signed on a 4 1/2 year contract last January and is likely to be offered a new contract in the coming months.

He came to Newcastle and said that he wanted to be a lagend at the club. He signed for a club in a relegation fight but didn’t ask for a relegation clause. He's being recognised as a world class midfielder and one of the best in the toughest league in the world. The fans have loved him since day one and that’s mutual. He's almost certainly going to the world cup. His girlfriend has just had their first child which he calls a little Geordie. He could have had Sunday off after not sleeping for 2 days, he travelled to London and played 90 minutes. He's claimed that he's the happiest that he's ever been since leaving his first club. He's claimed that he's living his dream. His family are in Newcastle and his dad travels to every game and is treated like royalty by the fans and he loves it, he cries at times when he sees just how loved Bruno is.

I doubt he's going anywhere, and we’ll probably go through this with Botman when people start taking notice of him.
I had hoped City sign him as a replacement for Bernardo 'i want barca' Silva. I hope he doesn't leave you for any club (unless it's for City :) )

This was Bruno’s dad in the away end at OT. The bloke is living his best life following his son around. Hope Bruno stays with us for a good few years, he’s top class as both a player and a person. We’re doing a pretty good job of getting players with the right character and who are actually pleased to be with us.

Happened for years with our players. You’ll get used to ignoring it.

I think David Silva was linked with Madrid by the British press in fifteen different transfer windows, the press eventually got ‘Agüero to Barça’ right after ten years of saying it, de Bruyne was meant to be heading to Bayern after two years at City, even the Barcelona boardroom were saying how Bernardo Silva wanted to sign for them in the last two years (tapping up? oh no they’re a Cartel club so they’ll face no punishment), and all the press have done since we signed Haaland is talk about a made-up Real Madrid buyout clause.

The press are an anti-Arabian joke in this country. Don’t pay attention to a word of it.

Welcome to the club.

I can recall stories that Sergio was going to join Réal Madrid in the summer after his first season with us, long before Agüeroooooooooo!

I’m pretty sure there were similar links before every transfer window for almost all of his time with City.

You, like us, are rich enough, and strong enough, to resist such approaches, unless the player in question is desperate to join that team.

Newcastle have very good team and manager if they keep that belief and be brave in every game they have a chance of top four imo

I can't see us finishing top 4 but I do think we'll keep playing to win games, Eddie has already said that we'll play that way whilst making tweaks as we develop. I have to say that Howe has really done a fantastic job, what he’s done for us is almost off the scale, it’s bordering on an insane turnaround that nobody could have predicted.

Howe really is a top manager and he could be with us for many years to come, this reminds me when Keegan became manager. I don’t know if people have noticed but he never gets carried away when things are well or badly and I think that’s rubbing off on the players because nobody is getting carried away, that isn’t something Keegan could do.

Almost every game is a game where I think we could come unstuck but it’s just not happening, yet. We’re getting results with Longstaff and Burn playing regularly and we’re not hanging on for our dear life.

We’re 18 points better off than we were after 13 games last season when we only had 6 points, we’ve scored 9 more goals and have let in 19 goals less and 16 places higher in the league, it would have been 17 places higher if Spurs hadn’t picked up 3 points.

During October we’ve picked up 16 out of 18 points, scored 16 goals and have only conceded 3. Every number I look at seems to be off the scale, Christ, we’re even top of the hitting the woodwork table having hit the woodwork 11 times.

These really are mad times to be a Newcastle supporter.

Howe is doing a great job fairplay. Players playing with a lot more confidence this season. Hopefully they keep up the pace and keep the shite out of the top 4

I can't see us finishing top 4 but I do think we'll keep playing to win games, Eddie has already said that we'll play that way whilst making tweaks as we develop. I have to say that Howe has really done a fantastic job, what he’s done for us is almost off the scale, it’s bordering on an insane turnaround that nobody could have predicted.

Howe really is a top manager and he could be with us for many years to come, this reminds me when Keegan became manager. I don’t know if people have noticed but he never gets carried away when things are well or badly and I think that’s rubbing off on the players because nobody is getting carried away, that isn’t something Keegan could do.

Almost every game is a game where I think we could come unstuck but it’s just not happening, yet. We’re getting results with Longstaff and Burn playing regularly and we’re not hanging on for our dear life.

We’re 18 points better off than we were after 13 games last season when we only had 6 points, we’ve scored 9 more goals and have let in 19 goals less and 16 places higher in the league, it would have been 17 places higher if Spurs hadn’t picked up 3 points.

During October we’ve picked up 16 out of 18 points, scored 16 goals and have only conceded 3. Every number I look at seems to be off the scale, Christ, we’re even top of the hitting the woodwork table having hit the woodwork 11 times.

These really are mad times to be a Newcastle supporter.
I think you are at about the stage we were at with Hughes as manager, and that was only a couple of years from a title. Eddie Howe is better than Hughes, and I think your squad is possibly better balanced than ours was at that point too. It'll be your next managerial appointment and the next few transfer windows that are crucial - as well as avoiding whatever scheme the fa/uefa cook up to stop brown people investing in their own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.