Next Year's Season Ticket Info

Re: Next Years Season Ticket Info

Wafty Cranker said:
GStar said:
Has there been the question/answer in here as to why a ST in SS is £535 but exactly the same seat at the opposite end of the ground is around £70-80 cheaper (off the top of my head)?

Hey mate, I'm not sure but someone told me it's so we can charge the away fans more. You can't charge the away fans more than the home fans to sit in the same stand. So the South Stand is more expensive so the away support can charged more, but the North Stand is for home fans only, so is cheaper.

This could be a load of bollocks though.

Is the South Stand going to have a roof for all of next season?

Cheers mate, hope that's not true... it makes no sense.

Might try and find out an answer from the club.

I think it was because the North Stand is the Family Stand. The club felt that the prices for families should be lower.

In the South Stand you might have one bloke on his own paying whereas in the North Stand it could be a family of 4. (2 adults, 2 kids)

Kids are the future of the club it seems, this might have something to do with the demographics of our support. I would not be surprised if the club did a survey and found our support was ageing and needed an injection of youth - hence the family stand with cheaper tickets.

I might be wrong also

I notice the Cup prices now state no more than £25 per round in the early rounds. Has that been increased too?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I notice the Cup prices now state no more than £25 per round in the early rounds. Has that been increased too?
I think so wasnt it 10 quid til quarters and a fiver for the kids. it was dear enough last time i thought for three of us. i dunno if its best to go plat and sack the cuos off or gold and cup schemes??

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Yes two years ago it was £15, last year it was £20 and now its £25! They're sharks!

mayo31 said:
I think it was because the North Stand is the Family Stand. The club felt that the prices for families should be lower.

In the South Stand you might have one bloke on his own paying whereas in the North Stand it could be a family of 4. (2 adults, 2 kids)

Kids are the future of the club it seems, this might have something to do with the demographics of our support. I would not be surprised if the club did a survey and found our support was ageing and needed an injection of youth - hence the family stand with cheaper tickets.

I might be wrong also

I could go into semantics, but fundamentally the above is correct.

willy eckerslike said:
I haven't seen this advertised or discussed anywhere, but just a word of warning for anyone who is thinking of, or who has bought, the Metrolink matchday option; the upgrade of Victoria station announced last month will start next January and direct Bury-Droylsden trams will not be running, you may have to change in Manchester city centre. I have tweeted TfGM twice to see if direct matchday services will be provided but have not got a reply so they either don't know or don't care. I'd hold off going for this until more info is forthcoming. I'd also be demanding my money back from Metrolink if there are no direct services.

If you travel with kids to the game, the Family ticket at £5.50 for 2 adults and 3 kids is a cheaper option anyway.

Bastards.... I've already paid for the Metrolink pass when I renewed yesterday :-(

if Victoria won't be in use then how would we get into the Centre from Bury anyway? we have to go through Vic to get to the centre

Article on BBC website - apologies if posted elsewhere:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130</a>

Interesting read, particularly this bit.

"In England, 16 of the 20 Premier League clubs increased their average attendance in 2012-13. The three largest rises were for the three clubs promoted from the Championship in 2012 - Reading, Southampton and West Ham - with Everton recording the next largest increase.

But a football supporters' group has warned that these increases could be lost if Premier League clubs do not reduce ticket prices.

Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, believes that away supporters are particularly in danger of being priced out of grounds.

"We will be watching very closely what happens next season, when there will be a major increase in media revenue under the new television contracts," Clarke told BBC Sport.

"The Premier League clubs will be receiving so much from these contracts that they could let almost everybody in for free next season and still have the same amount of money coming in as they do now."Certainly if the match-going fan does not get the benefit of the clubs' extra media revenue, the reaction could be significant."

City need to be careful here judging by the amount of negative comments about price increases. Seems that even for those who are renewing, many are doing so grudgingly and alienating fans is never a good idea.

Why Always Ste said:
willy eckerslike said:
I haven't seen this advertised or discussed anywhere, but just a word of warning for anyone who is thinking of, or who has bought, the Metrolink matchday option; the upgrade of Victoria station announced last month will start next January and direct Bury-Droylsden trams will not be running, you may have to change in Manchester city centre. I have tweeted TfGM twice to see if direct matchday services will be provided but have not got a reply so they either don't know or don't care. I'd hold off going for this until more info is forthcoming. I'd also be demanding my money back from Metrolink if there are no direct services.

If you travel with kids to the game, the Family ticket at £5.50 for 2 adults and 3 kids is a cheaper option anyway.

Bastards.... I've already paid for the Metrolink pass when I renewed yesterday :-(

if Victoria won't be in use then how would we get into the Centre from Bury anyway? we have to go through Vic to get to the centre

It's just that the trams are not stopping at Victoria during the refurb, the nearest stop to that area will be Shudehill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.