Next Year's Season Ticket Info

Re: Next Years Season Ticket Info

lancs blue said:
Why Always Ste said:
willy eckerslike said:
I haven't seen this advertised or discussed anywhere, but just a word of warning for anyone who is thinking of, or who has bought, the Metrolink matchday option; the upgrade of Victoria station announced last month will start next January and direct Bury-Droylsden trams will not be running, you may have to change in Manchester city centre. I have tweeted TfGM twice to see if direct matchday services will be provided but have not got a reply so they either don't know or don't care. I'd hold off going for this until more info is forthcoming. I'd also be demanding my money back from Metrolink if there are no direct services.

If you travel with kids to the game, the Family ticket at £5.50 for 2 adults and 3 kids is a cheaper option anyway.

Bastards.... I've already paid for the Metrolink pass when I renewed yesterday :-(

if Victoria won't be in use then how would we get into the Centre from Bury anyway? we have to go through Vic to get to the centre

It's just that the trams are not stopping at Victoria during the refurb, the nearest stop to that area will be Shudehill.

This might need a thread of its own (I can't start one just yet).

Victoria will temporarily have one line through for both directions (not sure for how long but it's a good few months) - I think it's going to be hell on that thing next year (I work in Manchester and use it every day - hate it!).

TfGM or Metrolink have not openly advertised the suspension of the Bury-Droylsden route. I heard through Bury MBC and immediately queried if they would put specials on for matchdays. I'm not holding my breath but if we can get the word out, it might hit the greedy bastards where it hurts - in their pocket - and force them to respond.

beehive_bob said:
Article on BBC website - apologies if posted elsewhere:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130</a>

Interesting read, particularly this bit.

"In England, 16 of the 20 Premier League clubs increased their average attendance in 2012-13. The three largest rises were for the three clubs promoted from the Championship in 2012 - Reading, Southampton and West Ham - with Everton recording the next largest increase.

But a football supporters' group has warned that these increases could be lost if Premier League clubs do not reduce ticket prices.

Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, believes that away supporters are particularly in danger of being priced out of grounds.

"We will be watching very closely what happens next season, when there will be a major increase in media revenue under the new television contracts," Clarke told BBC Sport.

"The Premier League clubs will be receiving so much from these contracts that they could let almost everybody in for free next season and still have the same amount of money coming in as they do now."Certainly if the match-going fan does not get the benefit of the clubs' extra media revenue, the reaction could be significant."

City need to be careful here judging by the amount of negative comments about price increases. Seems that even for those who are renewing, many are doing so grudgingly and alienating fans is never a good idea.

which is why City increasing Seasoncard prices by 9-15% is an absolute disgrace

alib said:
beehive_bob said:
Article on BBC website - apologies if posted elsewhere:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130</a>

Interesting read, particularly this bit.

"In England, 16 of the 20 Premier League clubs increased their average attendance in 2012-13. The three largest rises were for the three clubs promoted from the Championship in 2012 - Reading, Southampton and West Ham - with Everton recording the next largest increase.

But a football supporters' group has warned that these increases could be lost if Premier League clubs do not reduce ticket prices.

Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, believes that away supporters are particularly in danger of being priced out of grounds.

"We will be watching very closely what happens next season, when there will be a major increase in media revenue under the new television contracts," Clarke told BBC Sport.

"The Premier League clubs will be receiving so much from these contracts that they could let almost everybody in for free next season and still have the same amount of money coming in as they do now."Certainly if the match-going fan does not get the benefit of the clubs' extra media revenue, the reaction could be significant."

City need to be careful here judging by the amount of negative comments about price increases. Seems that even for those who are renewing, many are doing so grudgingly and alienating fans is never a good idea.

which is why City increasing Seasoncard prices by 9-15% is an absolute disgrace

how long before you get the "if you want to see the top players you have to pay" replies.

we could have offset any increases by saving about 10 million on scott "i may have managed an entire 90 minutes during the course of the season" sinclair.

having said that those in charge will have no comprehension of low income families with no pay rises, and what impact even modest increases have, and there certainly won't be any need to increase capacity any time soon, not unless 12000+ glory hunters are waiting in the wings.

Just renewed four season tickets all at once. I thought that it was easy to do.

Then I tried to select the cup schemes but kept getting an error message once I input my payment details. I gave up with those, but must remember to add later.

I then selected the direct debit scheme, spread over four payments. I've got an email to confirm I've renewed on the direct debit scheme, but no indication that I've got the four payments option. So I'm now having to ring up to check! What a crappy system.

just renewed platinum (reluctantly) and all schemes with the 4 x dd option

not impressed with the new ticket site, took me about 5 mins to work out where the 'proceed payment' icon was on the final screen...

also noticed it's put me on the FA cup scheme twice... points total has not been updated also got 100 points per scheme where should read 200...

but i suspect this will hopefully be corrected over the next couple of weeks...

i'm off for a lie down.

Once the TV money is received then I could see the increase in Seasoncards reduced significantly but am not optimistic about them being reduced.

peoffrey said:
Once the TV money is received then I could see the increase in Seasoncards reduced significantly but am not optimistic about them being reduced.

No chance mate,within 5 years in will be around a grand on average

crystal_mais said:
renewed - now My lad is 5 he has got his 1st ever season ticket - :)

How have you managed that, I thought it was renewals only up to a certain date before you could buy new cards?

curious as my lad is 5 and want to get him one

cheers

*edit: just called up as I'm keen not to miss out for my little one and they said no new tickets until at least after the 3rd of June when renewals finish, so if you have found a way around this, I'd be pleased to hear how.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.