Neymar

Rape allegations that were serious enough for Nike to drop him as a client, constant moaning, diving, and whining on the pitch, always complains about officials, suspicious "injuries" around birthdays.

All opinion, I'm sure he's done good in his career and some will disagree with me but there's been enough of evidence of behavior on and off the pitch that I think at best he is an extremely selfish and immature person, I wouldn't want him no matter how talented he is.
I believe those accusations were proven to be genuinely completely fabricated.

Woman charged with fraud in Neymar rape case

Outside of that, I would agree that he is a little childish and immature. I'd also agree that he is quite egotistical and selfish. However, as a footballer a lot of that comes as standard. Does it make him an "absolute twat of a human being".

He's a shithouse for sure. The diving, the rolling around, the feigning injury, the whinging, the wind up tactics.
However, once again - this is extremely common in football and while it often makes you hated by other teams, it most endears themselves to the club they are at. See: Fernandinho, Rüdiger, Ramos, Robertson etc.

I can totally understand not wanting him. His ego, the media circus, the added pressure to win the CL. The suspicious injuries would also be a concern for any buying club. Only calamitous clubs allow shit like that hence why he's at PSG.
I can also understand wanting him. He is arguably the second most naturally gifted player of his generation after Messi.

Outside of that, I would agree that he is a little childish and immature. I'd also agree that he is quite egotistical and selfish. However, as a footballer a lot of that comes as standard. Does it make him an "absolute twat of a human being".

He's a shithouse for sure. The diving, the rolling around, the feigning injury, the whinging, the wind up tactics.
However, once again - this is extremely common in football and while it often makes you hated by other teams, it most endears themselves to the club they are at. See: Fernandinho, Rüdiger, Ramos, Robertson etc.

I can totally understand not wanting him. His ego, the media circus, the added pressure to win the CL. The suspicious injuries would also be a concern for any buying club. Only calamitous clubs allow shit like that hence why he's at PSG.
I can also understand wanting him. He is arguably the second most naturally gifted player of his generation after Messi.
Part of me thinks fuck it, it's Neymar. It's one of those giddy teenage fantasy signings where you can't separate the myth from reality. All my sensible instincts are fighting against my instinct to sign a player because he was on the front of FIFA fucking 19.

I know it's irrational and it won't happen but there's a part of me again thinking what if ?

Silly season again. But yeah he's a total dick

Yeah this is very fair and perhaps I am too harsh. There is no doubting his talent I just genuinely do not like him. Probably immature on my part

Wages is what this would come down to and if he would take a pay cut.

For the people who are criticizing his attitude and behavior.

I think the biggest problem for Neymar has been he hasn't had a disciplinarian coach the way Guardiola is. His best year was when he was under Enrique in Barca.

He was magnificent because Enrique held him accountable and he was a team player and played fantastically.

If he is willing to come here and buy in, work hard and not bicker, complain and disappear off to Brazil for a month every time he gets a slight knock, I think he would be excellent here.

If he is willing to come in on reasonable wages and not blow up the wage structure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.