Neymar

Pigeonho said:
Realistically, what would Messi cost? To me Ronaldo is still worth what Real paid for him, so on that basis of Ronaldo being worth £80m, and Messi being marginally better, would £90m secure him or would he become the first £100m footballer, much in the same way Buster Phillips became Britain's first £10m footballer? ;-)

It would be such a complex deal to sort out too, as his image rights, I presume, are based on him being at the biggest football club in the world. It would be sticking points like that which would make him impossible to sign I think.

It was not long ago that a russian club (i think) triggered his release clause around £250m euros or there abouts.

Being realistic if Messi was open to a move it would probably be around for £120m I reckon.

I know some have stated that we need a marquee signing, but according to reports Barca director of football Raúl Sanllehí is currently in Brazil trying to get the deal sorted

So maybe we will not get the major marquee signing till after the World Cup next year. Situation would be some player young enough establishes themselves on the main football stage, Nike sign him and so do we - just a thought.

It was not long ago that a russian club (i think) triggered his release clause around £250m euros or there abouts.

You mean it was not so long since meida wrote a complete crap that made Russian club going mental in denying it.

It's a story in the line of "Man City offered 350k per week to x player" news.

Complete bullshit but with difference it is not anti club news like City ones are but Barcelona propaganda one to show how you don't leave Mes que un club even if they offer you earth and moon.

Pigeonho said:
Realistically, what would Messi cost? To me Ronaldo is still worth what Real paid for him, so on that basis of Ronaldo being worth £80m, and Messi being marginally better, would £90m secure him or would he become the first £100m footballer, much in the same way Buster Phillips became Britain's first £10m footballer? ;-)

It would be such a complex deal to sort out too, as his image rights, I presume, are based on him being at the biggest football club in the world. It would be sticking points like that which would make him impossible to sign I think.

I simply think he is not for sale at any price.

BillyShears said:
alky313 said:
Signing Neymar would just send Villa and Sanchez packing. Can't really see us interested in either unless Villa is interested in riding the pine.

I don't think Villa or Sanchez are going to have as much of a problem with the signing of Neymar as a certain Leo Messi will.

There are many whispers in Barcelona that even Zubizarreta is concerned about Rossel's drive to sign Neymar. He is a player who will naturally want to drift into areas of the pitch which are reserved for Messi. He will not put the work in defensively to ensure Messi's freedom to attack only.

If Barca do sign him then it's because they are going to cash in on Messi. I am certain of this.

You think they'd sell him and that he would move?

If he was for sale, I would assume that would definitely be the moment that Mansour flips Prattini the bird and tries to blow all other offers out of the water.

BillyShears said:
alky313 said:
Signing Neymar would just send Villa and Sanchez packing. Can't really see us interested in either unless Villa is interested in riding the pine.

I don't think Villa or Sanchez are going to have as much of a problem with the signing of Neymar as a certain Leo Messi will.

There are many whispers in Barcelona that even Zubizarreta is concerned about Rossel's drive to sign Neymar. He is a player who will naturally want to drift into areas of the pitch which are reserved for Messi. He will not put the work in defensively to ensure Messi's freedom to attack only.

If Barca do sign him then it's because they are going to cash in on Messi. I am certain of this.

There's no way in hell Barcelona are selling Messi to bring Neymar in. And David Villa is on his way out.<br /><br />-- Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm --<br /><br />And Messi would cost more than £120m. It probably would cost you his buyout clause to get him.

As much as Barcelona has financial problems and it be absolutely mind blowing if we did sign him, I don't think they are ready to cash in on Messi just yet. If they did it would be a suicidal decision by Barcelona. Alexis Sánchez and David Villa are definitely going to be sold to help fund the Neymar deal, and with Victor Valdes looking set to quit as well.

TCIB said:
Pigeonho said:

Who the hell could afford him? You'd be looking at something like £200m over 4 years.

Prestwich_Blue said:
TCIB said:
Pigeonho said:

Who the hell could afford him? You'd be looking at something like £200m over 4 years.

Yep, he has priced himself out of any possible move by his own skillset, a rare thing in any business.
Usually something gives and with him the only thing would be a total breakdown with the board which i just can't see happening.

That and ffp just to make sure nobody has a chance at all.

conormcfc said:
TheUltimateBlue said:
Just because he's gone past a few terrible defenders in Brazil, does not mean he will be able to do the same in the prem. Overrated. There's no way he could go past the likes of Ivanovic or Ferdinand
Why do people post about things that they obviously have no knowledge of?
because they think that because robinho failed here that neymar will as well. thing is robinho is lazy and his career has gone no where since he joined us and subsequently left. neymar is young and has the desire to be the best.. speaking of:

Barcelona's first offer for Santos forward Neymar (21) was 17M. Santos aware of weak position due to contract expiring next year. [sport] via @barcastuff

cheeky fucking catalans but id imagine that their only offering them 17m cause they only own 55% of his rights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.