NHS Strike

Tim of the Oak said:
SamCity123 said:
They're screwing everyone. Giving themselves a 10% pay rise. NHS workers losing about 4% of their actual income with rising costs of living etc.

Giving themselves a 10% pay rise.

And there is nothing we can do.

We basically have a choice of two parties, both of whom are a bunch of tossers.

Nothing we can do.

There is going to be a save the NHS party consisting a number of seats at the next General Election in May. People in those areas will have a choice!

Well, we can all vote as we see fit.

If you are a UK worker who has suffered pay cuts, pay freezes, redundancy, short working weeks and the downgrading of your pension over the last few years then perhaps you'll think twice before voting for a 'save the NHS' party which will shower NHS staff with lots of lovely pay rises that you are very unlikely to get yourself. And you'll be taxed more to pay for those NHS pay rises, meaning you'll get poorer as NHS staff get richer.

NHS staff have done very well indeed over the last 15 years or so, and even their recent pay freeze is nothing unusual for many UK workers. They still enjoy fantastic pension rights, short working weeks and above average holiday entitlements.

urmston said:
Tim of the Oak said:
SamCity123 said:
They're screwing everyone. Giving themselves a 10% pay rise. NHS workers losing about 4% of their actual income with rising costs of living etc.

Nothing we can do.

There is going to be a save the NHS party consisting a number of seats at the next General Election in May. People in those areas will have a choice!

If you are a UK worker who has suffered pay cuts, pay freezes, redundancy, short working weeks and the downgrading of your pension over the last few years then perhaps you'll think twice before voting for a 'save the NHS' party which will shower NHS staff with lots of lovely pay rises that you are very unlikely to get yourself. And you'll be taxed more to pay for those NHS pay rises, meaning you'll get poorer as NHS staff get richer.

NHS staff have done very well indeed over the last 15 years or so, and even their recent pay freeze is nothing unusual for many UK workers. They still enjoy fantastic pension rights, short working weeks and above average holiday entitlements.

And rightly so !

Isn't this the first time either ever or certainly in over 50 years midwives felt compelled to take action? Does that not speak volumes.

Still, whilst health is seen as a commodity and privilege rather than a "right" in a country as well developed as ours, I guess the writing's always gonna be on the wall.

I'm sure everyone's "alright Jack" in our wonderfully compassionate and caring hug a hoodie society our superbly well intentioned masters are creating for us.

urmston said:
Tim of the Oak said:
SamCity123 said:

Nothing we can do.

Done well??? When? Please give examples...bet you can't though.

It does make me laugh the attitudes of some.

Cracking on for 30 years in the ambulance service as a paramedic, working 13 hour shifts with 30 minute brake each day. Working a 38 hour week. I earn 30, 000 pa working shifts day and night. Add the stress level and i think you can feck off with your "NHS staff have done well shite"!!

Well said Pete......'Urmston' is obviously living in fucking cuckoo land.

'done well' pmsl......The pay is shite for the training,responsibility,unsocialness,hassle and stress that accompanies the role.

Has anyone read the piece I posted a couple of pages back?? it deserves attention.

strongbowholic said:
Isn't this the first time either ever or certainly in over 50 years midwives felt compelled to take action? Does that not speak volumes.

Still, whilst health is seen as a commodity and privilege rather than a "right" in a country as well developed as ours, I guess the writing's always gonna be on the wall.

I'm sure everyone's "alright Jack" in our wonderfully compassionate and caring hug a hoodie society our superbly well intentioned masters are creating for us.

First time in 130 years!

Petetheblu said:
urmston said:
Tim of the Oak said:

Done well??? When? Please give examples...bet you can't though.

It does make me laugh the attitudes of some.

Cracking on for 30 years in the ambulance service as a paramedic, working 13 hour shifts with 30 minute brake each day. Working a 38 hour week. I earn 30, 000 pa working shifts day and night. Add the stress level and i think you can feck off with your "NHS staff have done well shite"!!

Spot on mate!

Where there are benefits in the NHS these are usually well deserved and I helped to design the NHS pay structure with the Unions and Employer reps.

Urnston - you need to get over somebody didn't give you an Xmas present when you were 6 mentality.

The only real gainers in the NHS have been managers made redundant in the recent top down reorganisation of the NHS, who have been re-employed elsewhere in good jobs!

strongbowholic said:

Rose tinted specs aside, society has always been the same.
I've lost jobs, the family home etc due to me sticking up for others or backing workmates against employers and where were they when i needed them, nowhere to be seen that's where. The only people to be effected by my ideals were my own family and i'll never do it again.
The " i'm all right Jack" way of thinking has always been there, the only difference is that in past times it was frowned upon and nowadays it's applauded by the masses and that's fucking shameful.

FantasyIreland said:
Well said Pete......'Urmston' is obviously living in fucking cuckoo land.

'done well' pmsl......The pay is shite for the training,responsibility,unsocialness,hassle and stress that accompanies the role.

Has anyone read the piece I posted a couple of pages back?? it deserves attention.

Yes I've read the good piece that you shared.

Thinking back to the development of Agenda for Change / NHS pay system, I had managers and employers telling me that anti-social hours often worked better for people with families.

I rember a colleague at the time (a fellow Blue who has now gone on to be CEO of the NHS Confederation) saying what bollox this was!

Maybe I'm wrong, stupid or naive, but I really don't understand the term 'democracy' anymore.

None of us really have a say. The media push most of the vote. Eventually it is down to one moron or the other. I don't want any of them leading the country, but one of them will. I talk to people about it when I get angry, everyone always seems to agree.

I guess the majority don't agree with having them in charge but we can't really do anything?

I could vote for an independent person on my own, but it doesn't affect anything. It is really frustrating. In the modern day with technology everyone should have a say on everything they want to, after being given the arguments for and against.

The thing that has most riled me recently is the NHS pay rises. They really are losing out, I don't care what anyone says. Yet the MPs get a 10% pay rise? They should be setting an example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.