Nigel de Jong

So he wins possession and ensures we retain it and that makes him shite?

I stand by what I posted.

strongbowholic said:
So he wins possession and ensures we retain it and that makes him shite?

I stand by what I posted.

You don't get any points for possession, mate, only for creating chances and scoring goals , neither of which 'big nige ' (sic) does .

How do we get the ball to our creative players to set up the chances without first winning possession then, oh font of all footballing knowledge?

strongbowholic said:
How do we get the ball to our creative players to set up the chances without first winning possession then, oh font of all footballing knowledge?

Well he doesn't pass to 'creative' players, only full-backs, centre-halfs and the goalie .

Lucas North said:
strongbowholic said:

Well he doesn't pass to 'creative' players, only full-backs, centre-halfs and the goalie .

Ok first, what creative players... Second, last time I checked, a ball winning midfielder has 2 jobs. One get ball... Two get ball to other players. DID HIS JOB!

We have no true creative players, like a Pirlo, Xavi etc so we use Barry and Vieria as box to box midfielders who support Nigel and they get the ball to our front.

I will say though once Ade came on, and Tevez dropped back, de Jong won balls and passed to Tevez a few times, and Tevez straight up took it from him once

I don't know what game people were watching yesterday but he hardly did anything. He chased shadows. Arsenal players were waltzing past him. He occassionally jockeyed players until they passed it on and then it wasn't his responsiblity. He doesn't mark up. He doesn't press the ball. Yet, people on here call him awesome and a warrior cos he might dive in for a tackle twice a game when he could have stayed on his feet and come out with the ball. That's not awesome, that's naive game play.
For me, he's an empty shirt. He's a crab with a crap beard.

Dukers said:
I don't know what game people were watching yesterday but he hardly did anything. He chased shadows. Arsenal players were waltzing past him. He occassionally jockeyed players until they passed it on and then it wasn't his responsiblity. He doesn't mark up. He doesn't press the ball. Yet, people on here call him awesome and a warrior cos he might dive in for a tackle twice a game when he could have stayed on his feet and come out with the ball. That's not awesome, that's naive game play.
For me, he's an empty shirt. He's a crab with a crap beard.

Got to agree.
His lack of speed and mobility was glaringly obvious yesterday as the Arsenal midfield danced around him with relative ease.He flatters to decieve with the occasional full blooded challenge,however,his overall game is just not up to the standard we need to achieve our aims,and his limitations certainly do not compliment Barry.It's a shame,as i like his attitude very much,however,being honest,i just see a more composed,stockier version of Fernandes,enough said.

This thread is laughable.

De Jong is a rich man's Neil Lennon. Great at passing the ball backwards under no pressure and puts in 110%. But thats it.

People go on about his tackling, i'd love to see what his success rate is by a respected site, cos he does misstime a tackle.

Yesterday, De Jong was nothing but average, and there was a period of play in the 2nd half where he guessed which way Rosicky was going to go with the ball. He guessed wrong, and all i can say is that im glad Vieira was there to cover his ass, cos if he wasn't Arsenal was on a counter.

He is nowhere near worth the £18m we paid for him and i cant see him getting any better.

What gets me is its mostly the same people calling De Jong class who call Ade shit.

Now that is funny!

deadhorse.jpg

Ricster said:
This thread is laughable.

De Jong is a rich man's Neil Lennon. Great at passing the ball backwards under no pressure and puts in 110%. But thats it.

People go on about his tackling, i'd love to see what his success rate is by a respected site, cos he does misstime a tackle.

Yesterday, De Jong was nothing but average, and there was a period of play in the 2nd half where he guessed which way Rosicky was going to go with the ball. He guessed wrong, and all i can say is that im glad Vieira was there to cover his ass, cos if he wasn't Arsenal was on a counter.

He is nowhere near worth the £18m we paid for him and i cant see him getting any better.

What gets me is its mostly the same people calling De Jong class who call Ade shit.

Now that is funny!

Average eh...One of the most important players in the Dutch national team...My rag mate loves him, thinks he is top draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.