Nine years ago today - FA Cup semi-final against United

What a day !!

Didn’t think we had a chance when Tevez got injured at Anfield a few days before. TBH they could have been 2 or 3 up in the first 20 mins but for the brilliance of Joey H

Then we grew into the game and ended up worthy winners

We arrived that day

And TBF Kolorov for making that last ditch challenge practically on the goal line

I was on a mini bus and we traveled down the M40 and stopped at Cherwell Valley services
All the coaches that were parked up had City flags in them so we knew we were safe, but as our driver was responsible for any damage to the bus he wanted to stay with it. I told him I'd bring him back a coffee and off I trotted.
Inside the services it was an absolute sea of blue with an occasional red shirt dotted in and not a sign of any trouble. I had my pee, grabbed two coffees, didn't bother with lids for the cups and walked out
Meanwhile a coach load of proper gobby rags had turned up and they were making their way in, whilst singing their nursery rhymes!
I looked at them they looked at me (in my City shirt) and I knew one was going to try and knock one or both the coffees over me, however, I could also tell they knew I knew and was ready. If they made an attempt it may succeed with one but not both, the other would be straight over them followed by a swift punch
I very nearly said to them to be careful as the services was so full of blues but thought "fuck it. Let them find out for themselves, the twats"
I got back to the mini bus, heart in mouth, gave the driver his brew and no more than two minutes later the rags were being chased down back to their coach
One rag stood his ground and faced up to a blue who looked very handy. Bad mistake I thought. The rag said "Fucking come on then" two seconds later the rag was flat on his arse in some bushes
When we arrived at Wembley we were circling it looking for our car park and we passed the rag coach from the services. Half the windows had been put in
If they'd been sensible nothing would have happened

What I remember most of that game is that blues outnumbered rags by a ratio of probably 8/1 going south on M6. A constant stream of cars coaches and minibuses decked out in skyblue and white scarves flags and banners.

I also remember being midway up stand behind goal that Yaya scored in and saw the ball it the net from a great angle. The joy and euphoria exploded there and then, and it was a defining moment of us usurping them.

And winning the FA cup in final meant the sands of change had well and truly shifted, and rags have been mostly flapping like seals out of water ever since: )

Our first trip to the new Wembley walking down the steps from the station and walking up Wembley way to have rag twats saying fuck off back to Manchester vermin lining the route gobbing off at small groups women and children, nothing new, beating them is better than sex and to do it at Wembley is orgasmic.

ended up missing the game as was arrested the morning before it due to being involved in a altercation with united fans a few months prior.

Never been so gutted in my life.

Bag of nerves, but that goal of Yaya's I don't think I have celebrated any harder.

The Balotelli incident where Rio was upset with his celebrations just showed how much us beating them got to them as a whole.

Came out of my seat on to the concourse, went down on to my knees shouting "There is a God". Had the coppers in stitches!

My favourite game I’ve attended by an absolute mile.

Wembley was quite literally half blue and half red. Me and my mate were in in the front row on the halfway line. Meaning to my right I could see the torture and disgust on their arrogant faces close up. They knew it was really happening and this was the seesaw moment and it took them all by surprise. As soon as that final whistle blew it was like 40,000 people disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Fantastic and a pivotal day, not only us but top flight football in general, as despite scrapping one more title that day was the turning point in the demise of their dominance and the start of ours.

Definitely up there as one of the best days supporting city and definitely in the top 10 of times watching city nearly killing me.
The game seems a blank now all I remember of the day is the amount of blues on m6 and at services, the roundabout, The poznan, relief at the final whistle, being called a manc bastard by a group of rags one even wearing a t shirt that said something like pride of mancunia and being woken up on the way home to witness a mini bus full of blues partying that resembled the happy Monday’s video for wrote for luck.

Surprisingly the bbc football are running with this....

Watch highlights as Stoke turn on the style to beat Bolton 5-0 in 2011 and reach their first ever FA Cup final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.