North Stand Expansion

Absolutely spot on, apart from when you say 'fans'* because to me they have an agenda against anything the owners/club try to do.

*Always looking for something to moan about.
They are representing large numbers of fans views. You are also entitled to your view as well, even if I think it’s wrong.

In my opinion there are quite a few fans on here who accept anything the club does and never question things or try and think about alternatives.

What the 1894 group are saying is reflective of lots of city fans and if they didn’t stand up for our fans, we would often have no voice at all.

As a member of 1894 I can tell everyone 1894 does not have an agenda against the club. FACT!

Does 1894 question some of the decisions the clubs makes, yes it does.

1894 have worked with the club for years on displays, banners, etc. Alongside money raised by the fans for the displays the club have also contributed money. The club have given 1894 a banner and flag room at the Etihad. And given 1894 accreditation to gain access to the Etihad.

*The club invited 1894 as fan representatives to the North stand meetings*.

Board directors know 1894 members personally.

1894 is, always has been, and will always be independent of the club.

If the club thought 1894 had an agenda against the club, the club would not do the above.

Last edited:
The club, City Matters and 1894 should try to agree on a questionnaire. That in itself would be informative, eg if the club say no point asking if any NSL2 blocks should be allocated to the 18-25 age group because it's never going to happen. Personally, I think that particular idea is way too arbritary. However if a questionnaire is agreed then send it to every ST holder, with incentives to complete, eg 10 random people who respond win a replica shirt. The club could then consider the wishes of the ST holders en masse, if they implement them, then great, if not then at least try to explain why.
And that's the end of it....

So what’s new with the build any updates would be appreciated.

I'm going to East Manchester on Sunday Morning to see a friend.

I'll nip down to see if any mock cladding is up.
If there is I'll take some pictures. If there isn't I won't take any pictures as I've recently posted some pictures.

The club, City Matters and 1894 should try to agree on a questionnaire. That in itself would be informative, eg if the club say no point asking if any NSL2 blocks should be allocated to the 18-25 age group because it's never going to happen. Personally, I think that particular idea is way too arbritary. However if a questionnaire is agreed then send it to every ST holder, with incentives to complete, eg 10 random people who respond win a replica shirt. The club could then consider the wishes of the ST holders en masse, if they implement them, then great, if not then at least try to explain why.
And that's the end of it....
That's the last thing the club want

I woul be quite alarmed if we are this far through the process and there is anything that's not already been finalised

Especially if It involves either spending money or generating future money

Are you implying that there was no survey and 1894 fabricated it to back up their own preferred options and nobody else's? Or do you accept that the survey was real and the responses were real? Because if it's the latter then I don't see how you can even have the neck to post the bit I've underlined and bolded.

The simple fact is this - any stance taken up by 1894 is shaped by feedback from the fans

No, it is real, I took part and all. And keenly read the results. But translating it all to the pre-set claims is what I was commenting on. Among other things.

I should add, while my comments are on what the group have said, they are also largely about what people here argue too and maybe that's a bit unfair lumping in with 1894.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.