North Stand Expansion

I guess it depends how on schedule they are. Laing o Rourke are ahead of schedule with Everton so the drone footage is making them look good, and the tour they took us on only enhanced that opinion. They have had regular contact with a few of us but have never once asked us not to film something etc, it was always for something like asking if we could keep a bit of distance away from something that was perhaps tricky and the workers needed to concentrate without worrying about a drone being too close.
They also realised from the start that they couldn’t actually stop the drones so better to work a little with them.
If Sisk wanted to do something similar then that would be great but like I said elsewhere I have had no replies when I have contacted them
For those of us without easy access to Manchester, please keep up the outstanding drone footage.
Not only is the footage and commentary appreciated, your comments here on the actual scale of the project are appreciated.

It really does look like a massive project, but without seeing your footage, it would be hard to grasp just how massive.

Cheers!

@cpoverview does an amazing job his video and commentary are fantastic, but I'm not sure Sisk will be too enamoured as the videos can highlight Sisk delays which arms subcontractors with vital evidence in building claims. If i was Sisk management I'd be bringing him in with access and direction on what they wanted to be released to the public. The videos are effectively a live progress report of where Sisk are up to on a tight programme.

BAM built up a fly through model of CO-OP live early on and drone footage evidenced their delays from pretty much day one.

Maybe CP Overview has reached out to City and Sisk and contacted both of them? I’m not fishing for him to confirm that. If he has and he’s been given the OK to carry on filming, that’s great.

Maybe CP Overview has reached out to City and Sisk and contacted both of them? I’m not fishing for him to confirm that. If he has and he’s been given the OK to carry on filming, that’s great.
I think he's said a couple of times that he has but has had no reply.

Reactions: jrb
Try @43:15. A very respected channel. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong but that's what it sounds like to me.

Apologies for swearing. I was going to remove the post. I’d had a few too many last night after a long day.

Lots of City fan, not only those of us who stand in SSL1, wanted a single tier initially. But once the North expansion plans were made public, and it was an expanded 2nd tier, a single tier was eventually forgotten about.

As for the channel, that’s their views and opinions, they are entitled to those. Haven’t watched the video.

Apologies for swearing. I was going to remove the post. I’d had a few too many last night after a long day.

Lots of City fan, not only those of us who stand in SSL1, wanted a single tier initially. But once the North expansion plans were made public, and it was an expanded 2nd tier, a single tier was eventually forgotten about.

As for the channel, that’s their views and opinions, they are entitled to those. Haven’t watched the video.
Chill, we're all on the same side. All input from your goodself and big Steve are so appreciated. Onwards and upwards.

I’ll listen to what Big Steve said on the single tier, just out of interest, if nothing else.
From the outset, Steve, who I think is representative of a fair amount of the South Stand, has pushed for a large tier and not the symmetrical three tier option. Last night after listening to his view I was more than surprised. Like you said jrb, there are other views.

From the outset, Steve, who I think is representative of a fair amount of the South Stand, has pushed for a large tier and not the symmetrical three tier option. Last night after listening to his view I was more than surprised. Like you said jrb, there are other views.
Seemed a bit bit odd the assumption was made that because the hotel was that end then anyone staying in the hotel would have seats in that stand and that everyone staying in the hotel was a ‘tourist’, which is a wooly description anyway.Other than the rooms hospitality part that overlooks the stadium those staying in the hotel could be seated anywhere, and those staying in the hotel would be a wide mixture of fans and maybe even people not attending the game.

Seemed a bit bit odd the assumption was made that because the hotel was that end then anyone staying in the hotel would have seats in that stand and that everyone staying in the hotel was a ‘tourist’, which is a wooly description anyway.Other than the rooms hospitality part that overlooks the stadium those staying in the hotel could be seated anywhere, and those staying in the hotel would be a wide mixture of fans and maybe even people not attending the game.
Some people's obsession with tourists and non local fans is becoming paranoia.

Becoming the football's biggest "brand" comes with baggage and that includes "tourists"

Long that may continue, they bring in considerable finance to allow us to pay the highest wages, fees and have the best in class employees across the whole club.

Last edited:
I'm very surprised at 1894's stance, this will be the last chance for a home end so let's take it, the cup games are embarrassing, loads of singers removed for the away fans, if the singers move to the North stand they remain there and not moved about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.