North Stand Expansion

Interesting topic in itself. That would only really matter if Sisk were being dishonest in their own reporting. And presumably they are responsible for their subbies as well so the more important part is between them and the club. This is D&B right? They will have scope to adjust and alternate phases, in something so big and complex and the ways contractors find to make up for delays elsewhere is often very impressive.

If we are going to go down that logic, then comments on here carry equal potential risk to them and the DT. I have consciously tiptoed around some things I say, as have you I dare say. A lot of times, the arguement ends up being 'was it reasonably foreseeable', if things get legal. And if one side argues something wasn't, but the other produces a comment by a random 'forseeing' it on a public forum they can argue it was. The recent flanking issue being a prime example. There is a question of how admissible either would be and whether they'd agree to include anything from the public domain.

Either way, I agree it would be beneficial for Sisk to engage and direct CP, to have a better steer on what appears when. Seen similar happen where a drone guy now has a paid monthly gig doing progress videos for a contractor and they are talking about using him on their other sites too.
I was thinking more of subbies using it against Sisk, you could easily evidence entitlement to acceleration and EOTs. We commonly insert weathertight dates into our contracts, using the hotel as an example we may have a weathertight date for say floor 6 of week 51 and have a key date in the contract to complete on week 70, or its impacting the critcal path if it's not weathertight until week 53, you'd be pushing for acceleration or 3 weeks EOT. You'd obviously document within progress reports but I can see a time when drone footage is used as evidence in adjudication as its 3rd party and could be seen as unbiased by an adjudicator.

In the grand scheme of things ss1 block 115 is pretty irrelevant to the ground in terms of atmosphere. It’s a small block, which most of the ground can’t hear. Ss3 is the place for atmosphere now in my view.

The opportunity in north stand level 2 is a million times better than what we have in ss1. 7,000 fans all potentially stood up - there’s no contest.

I haven’t read that the 1894 group won’t move, but I think it would be daft not to take this chance. There is no room for growth or improving the noise in ss1, long term it’s all about the new stand.
I would strongly disagree but each to their own.

Even at the top there is a divide on people who would move over or not. City have done little to convince anyone that they really care about atmosphere in the new north more than their own pocket.

A main part of 1894 is also displays which come with another whole host of issues when not behind the net.

I would strongly disagree but each to their own.

Even at the top there is a divide on people who would move over or not. City have done little to convince anyone that they really care about atmosphere in the new north more than their own pocket.

A main part of 1894 is also displays which come with another whole host of issues when not behind the net.
Fair enough mate. For me this is the only chance we have to create something special and finally have a proper home end. Ss1 is alright, but the reality is, it’s a few blocks split by away fans. There’s no room for growth and no room for large numbers of fans to move in there . 7,000 all stood up creating an atmosphere - I’m fairly certain loads will want to be a part of it.

The obvious answer is to have fans in the south stand and the north stand. Most clubs have two standing ends, so I don’t think it would be difficult to do.

In terms of displays though, surely you can see the potential of the north stand. The 1894 group could do much bigger displays and be much more creative with a stand that large. Ss1 is tiny and doesn’t allow for large scale displays, especially with ss2 in between.

South Stand level 1 doesn’t even feel like an atmosphere area anymore.

It was extremely quiet for most games last season and seemed to be overtaken by the back of level 3.

At best you get 2 minutes of singing right after a goal and then it goes quiet again.

It’s also as empty as anywhere else in the ground when the teams come out, before and after ht because loads of people are at the bar.

I think this is why 1894 want to try and bring like minded people together into a single block area in the new north stand - or did.

Last edited:
I was thinking more of subbies using it against Sisk, you could easily evidence entitlement to acceleration and EOTs. We commonly insert weathertight dates into our contracts, using the hotel as an example we may have a weathertight date for say floor 6 of week 51 and have a key date in the contract to complete on week 70, or its impacting the critcal path if it's not weathertight until week 53, you'd be pushing for acceleration or 3 weeks EOT. You'd obviously document within progress reports but I can see a time when drone footage is used as evidence in adjudication as its 3rd party and could be seen as unbiased by an adjudicator.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot imo, but I get what you are saying.

Agree entirely that NSL2 is a an opportunity too good to be wasted. Even if there is a struggle to convince those from SSL1 to move, there are surely thousands from SSL3 and around the ground that could be, if pricing and a strong information campaign is done right.

Many in SSL1 may not want to move higher up because they want to remain close to the pitch, however there should be no problem convincing thousands of the now very vocal singers across SSL3 to move if the pricing is suitable. The lack of proximity to the pitch would not be something that would deter these people from moving, so these are exactly the sort of people that a unified signing section in NSL2 should be aimed at. Convince these people to move and it will be a success.

South Stand level 1 doesn’t even feel like an atmosphere area anymore.

It was extremely quiet for most games last season and seemed to be overtaken by the back of level 3.

At best you get 2 minutes of singing right after a goal and then it goes quiet again.

It’s also as empty as anywhere else in the ground when the teams come out, before and after ht because loads of people are at the bar.

I think this is why 1894 want to try and bring like minded people together into a single block area in the new north stand - or did.

I’m going to be honest as I always am and try to be.

The group of singers who were stood at the back of 115 have been moved out by the club. That area is for wheelchair users and their helpers. The singers, including me, alway stood there, and as far as I was aware we never caused any problems or got in the way of the wheel chair users. We actually got to know some of the wheelchair users who used to join in with the singing. I’m not 100% sure, but there may have been a complaint about something from one of the wheelchair users, and the club may have acted upon that complaint? The singers that were stood at the back of 115 are now dispersed across 115. Some people will say they are back where they should have been standing in the first place. Fair enough.

The club also brought in stringent season ticket checks at the entrance of 115. Loads of lads and singers from other blocks in SSL1 used to go into 115 to join in with the singing. Now they can’t get into 115 because of the season ticket security checks.

You’re right about the atmosphere in 115 it’s definitely not as good and as loud as it used to be. I don’t think the 2 minute observation is correct, though. The singing and support in 115 isn’t as good as it used to be after the 115 season ticket clamp down began by the club.

I honestly don’t think a split safe standing and seating North stand L2 will work, if that is proposed by the club? 2 sets of fans, 1000’s on each side, wanting to stand and to wanting sing, or wanting to watch the match seated and not wanting to sing.

It’s will be similar to SSL3, but to a larger extent on North stand L2. For the Big games SSL3 stands and gets behind the team. For the lesser games, bar the block of standing City fans at the back of SSL3 trying to get the chants going and singing, the rest of SSL3 would rather sit and watch the game.(there’s nothing wrong with that) I think that will be replicated on North stand L2 if there is a safe standing and seated split? That’s just my opinion. It doesn’t mean I’m right.

Last edited:
I’m going to be honest as I always am and try to be.

The group of singers who were stood at the back of 115 have been moved out by the club. That area is for wheelchair users and their helpers. The singers, including me, alway stood there, and as far as I was aware we never caused any problems or got in the way of the wheel chair users. We actually got to know some of the wheelchair users who used to join in with the singing. I’m not 100% sure, but there may have been a complaint about something from one of the wheel chair users, and the club may have acted upon that complaint? The singers that were stood at the back of 115 are now dispersed across 115. Some people will say they are back where they should have been standing in the first place. Fair enough.

The club also brought in stringent season ticket checks at the entrance of 115. Loads of lads and singers from other blocks in SSL1 used to go into 115 to join in with the singing. Now they can’t get into 115 because of the season ticket security checks.

You’re right about the atmosphere in 115 it’s definitely not as good and as loud as it used to be. I don’t think the 2 minute observation is correct, though. The singing and support in 115 isn’t as good as it used to be after the 115 season ticket clamp down began by the club.

I honestly don’t think a split safe standing and seating North stand L2 will work, if that is proposed by the club? 2 sets of fans, 1000’s on each side, wanting to stand and wanting sing, or wanting to watch the match seated and not wanting to sing.

It’s will be similar to SSL3, but to a larger extent on North stand L2. For the Big games SSL3 stands and gets behind the team. For the lesser games, bar the block of standing City fans at the back of SSL3 trying to get the chants going and singing, the rest of SSL3 would rather sit and watch the game.(there’s nothing wrong with that) I think that will be replicated on North stand L2 if there is a safe standing and seated split. That’s just my opinion. It doesn’t mean I’m right.

Very interesting and not something I’d heard much about before. Definitely explains how things have slipped a bit over the last year or so. I’ve also noticed extra security on the corner block on the other side of the away fans - probably to also stop people standing with friends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.