North Stand Expansion

From the OS. SSL3, 6250 seats.

Added to the Etihad current capacity, which is 53,400(?), via Google, would given a 59,650 capacity, if the current South stand was replicated as the new North stand, by constructing a similar 3rd tier.

I think the poster, sorry again, meant a like for like redevelopment. I stand corrected on that.

The project involves the construction of a third tier and roof to the South Stand, adding an additional 6,250 seats in the new tier.

From the OS. SSL3, 6250 seats.

Added to the Etihad current capacity, which is 53,400(?), via Google, would given a 59,650 capacity, if the current South stand was replicated as the new North stand, by just doing a similar 3rd tier.

I think the posters, sorry again, meant a like for like redevelopment. I stand corrected on that.

Yes, but remember there was an approval for a 3 tiered north stand already in place (104315/FO/2013/N2). Which was very similar to SSL3, but did have more seats. The section HelloCity posts of the blue overlay is of that app, which we note is very similar to SS.

If the club had not changed to a 2 tier stand, then they would have proceeded with the approved scheme, which would have added 8122 seats, rather than 6048.

If the club just wanted us to accept what we’re getting, they wouldn’t have invited fan representatives to the meetings with the club to discuss the North stand.

Even the club knows it can’t just rail road through what it wants for the North stand and not take into consideration what the fans also want.

That would have been massive PR fuck up by the club, and it would have gone down like a led ballon amongst the fans.

That aside, the club will have wanted to know what the fan representatives thought of their plans for the North stand. Feedback is always important in any shape or form.

I stand corrected on this, hasn’t there been 4 meetings so far? Maybe 3 meetings?

That tells us the club and the fans representatives are still in discussions about the North stand, and the club are still prepared to listen and to work with the fan representatives on the North stand.
What I was reffering to was accept what as been decided
If the club just wanted us to accept what we’re getting, they wouldn’t have invited fan representatives to the meetings with the club to discuss the North stand.

Even the club knows it can’t just rail road through what it wants for the North stand and not take into consideration what the fans also want.

That would have been massive PR fuck up by the club, and it would have gone down like a led ballon amongst the fans.

That aside, the club will have wanted to know what the fan representatives thought of their plans for the North stand. Feedback is always important in any shape or form.

I stand corrected on this, hasn’t there been 4 meetings so far? Maybe 3 meetings?

That tells us the club and the fans representatives are still in discussions about the North stand, and the club are still prepared to listen and to work with the fan representatives on the North stand.
Can you please tell me what a blue wall is.

mmmmk posh seats do you mean. If it's n the GA+ at the front they aren't that posh, I expect they'll all be taken by S/C holders not businesses.

But your not going to get 8k lifelong City fans unless you drop the prices considerably and that ain't happen

A wall that's blue.

Hope this helps.

Those fins look familiar. It’s on a tower near Canary Wharf.
f3f9c41ca7dc44162398218ed0b2eba8.jpg

You’ve lost me on your first sentence.

Do you mean what’s in the PA and approved?

Nobody knows what the club are proposing for the fans on NSL2, bar some seating proposals and arrangements that are in the PA, and possible future safe standing proposals for NSL1 and NSL2 also in the PA, hence the on-going meetings with the fan representatives about those and other things.

The blue wall? Did I mention that? I don’t think I did?? If it did, and from what other posters have wanted, it would be a similar version to Dortmund’s Yellow Wall, a whole tier of (safe standing) fans. That’s what some fans wanted before the PA dropped and NSL2 was confirmed, rather than a large single tier, that some fans wanted the new North stand to be.

Last edited:
Yes, but remember there was an approval for a 3 tiered north stand already in place (104315/FO/2013/N2). Which was very similar to SSL3, but did have more seats. The section HelloCity posts of the blue overlay is of that app, which we note is very similar to SS.

If the club had not changed to a 2 tier stand, then they would have proceeded with the approved scheme, which would have added 8122 seats, rather than 6048.

I know Coatigan. But that’s not what ? was referring to. It was a like for like South stand and North stand. Just to end this, as it’s dragging out, I’ll try and find the post in a bit.

That aside, and to change the subject so we don’t bore everyone to death :-), I’ve got some interesting pictures to post that I found on LinkedIn that are related to the club and the North stand hoardings and their branding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.