North Stand Expansion

Well, I've sat in the seats a few times through using them...!

It's normal and not a new thing for businesses to buy season tickets for football and then use them for taking clients to games. The rise of GA+ seats has seen these being a preferred option at times.

My last job had season tickets at City and United and I've sat in 93:20 through using a family member's work tickets as well.

Surprised you're oblivious to it. I've sat in the United end at OT for the derby several times as a kid through the use of work season tickets and that's over 30 years ago.

Rag!

Well, I've sat in the seats a few times through using them...!

It's normal and not a new thing for businesses to buy season tickets for football and then use them for taking clients to games. The rise of GA+ seats has seen these being a preferred option at times.

My last job had season tickets at City and United and I've sat in 93:20 through using a family member's work tickets as well.

Surprised you're oblivious to it. I've sat in the United end at OT for the derby several times as a kid through the use of work season tickets and that's over 30 years ago.
This is 100% correct, but I'd add that I've noticed the companies who were offering me joes and 9320 a couple of years ago are now offering The Ardwick and similar, hopefully that means more 9320 and joes going to season ticket holders who want to attend each week as companies look at more premium options.

Instead of asking us what we want, they're telling us what we want.
The trouble is that people want different things and you can't please everybody. If there was a blue wall our Fans would not change into Germans and bounce up and down for ninety minutes or have some bloke with a megaphone and one with a drum. So why keep harping on about and just accept what we are getting,

That would have only added an additional 6000 capacity increase replicating the South stand.(3rd tier) The club always wanted a 61,000-62,000 capacity for the additional match day revenue and to bid for a future UEFA club cup final.

This is not true btw. The previously approved 3-tier north stand would have taken the capacity from 54,048 to 62,170. The current north stand takes it to 61,958.

That suggests it is atmosphere driven, rather than by capacity.

The trouble is that people want different things and you can't please everybody. If there was a blue wall our Fans would not change into Germans and bounce up and down for ninety minutes or have some bloke with a megaphone and one with a drum. So why keep harping on about and just accept what we are getting,

If the club just wanted us to accept what we’re getting, they wouldn’t have invited fan representatives to the meetings with the club to discuss the North stand.

Even the club knows it can’t just rail road through what it wants for the North stand and not take into consideration what the fans also want.

That would have been massive PR fuck up by the club, and it would have gone down like a led ballon amongst the fans.

That aside, the club will have wanted to know what the fan representatives thought of their plans for the North stand. Feedback is always important in any shape or form.

I stand corrected on this, hasn’t there been 4 meetings so far? Maybe 3 meetings?

That tells us the club and the fans representatives are still in discussions about the North stand, and the club are still prepared to listen and to work with the fan representatives on the North stand.

This is not true btw. The previously approved 3-tier north stand would have taken the capacity from 54,048 to 62,170. The current north stand takes it to 61,958.

That suggests it is atmosphere driven, rather than by capacity.
Is SSL3 6000 capacity? Forget who it was, sorry, stated the expanded North stand should replicate the current South stand, which would have included a 6000 capacity 3rd tier. I stand corrected on that capacity, hence why asking.

Last edited:
Is SSL3 6000 cacapcity? Forget who it was, sorry, stated the expanded North stand should replicate the current South stand, which would have included a 6000 capacity 3rd tier. I stand corrected on that a capacity, hence why asking.

You are right, that the SSL3 increased it by circa 6000. But the NS as approved previously in a 3 tier format would have taken it to 62,170, an increase of 8122 seats.

Would have also meant no structural acrobatics, and a big saving. A saving on a new design team, and application fees. And combined with 200 fewer seats, I would argue that their move wasn't financial or driven by revenue.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.