North Stand Expansion

I know Coatigan. But that’s not what ? was referring to. It was a like for like South stand and North stand. Just to end this, as it’s dragging out, I’ll try and find the post in a bit.

That aside, and to change the subject so we don’t bore everyone to death. :-), I’ve got some interesting pictures to post that I found on LinkedIn that are related to the club and the North stand hoardings and their branding.

Someone made a comment that if the club didn't care for atmosphere, they wouldn't have gone for the more compelx 2 tier arrangement, they would have simply gone with the 3 tier like the south stand.

You responded that it would have meant 6000 seats rather than 8000 and they went with two tiers to get extra capacity.

I am pointing out that the 3 tier as previously designed and approved would have actually given them 200 seats more.

The main point being they are doing it for the atmosphere. At great expense.

Someone made a comment that if the club didn't care for atmosphere, they wouldn't have gone for the more compelx 2 tier arrangement, they would have simply gone with the 3 tier like the south stand.

You responded that it would have meant 6000 seats rather than 8000 and they went with two tiers to get extra capacity.

I am pointing out that the 3 tier as previously designed and approved would have actually given them 200 seats more.

The main point being they are doing it for the atmosphere. At great expense.

I'll have to look back at my reply.

As I keep on saying, I thought the person meant a 6000 North stand 3rd tier that replicated the current 6000 South stand 3rd tier. I'm not going to argue or to justify that point. That's what I thought. And that's how I worded the reply? Do you want to carry this on as it's getting tedious.

Last edited:
Paul Mulholland - LinkedIn

Man City Head of Marketing: Entertainment District - Sports | Fashion | Brand | Marketing | Activations

IMG-2245.jpg

IMG-2244.jpg

IMG-2246.jpg

IMG-2247.jpg

IMG-2248.jpg

IMG-2249.jpg

IMG-2250.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I've sat in the seats a few times through using them...!

It's normal and not a new thing for businesses to buy season tickets for football and then use them for taking clients to games. The rise of GA+ seats has seen these being a preferred option at times.

My last job had season tickets at City and United and I've sat in 93:20 through using a family member's work tickets as well.

Surprised you're oblivious to it. I've sat in the United end at OT for the derby several times as a kid through the use of work season tickets and that's over 30 years ago.
I don’t sit in 93:20 though. I have in the past and it was just normal lifelong City fans. Nothing gave me the impression that it was ‘businesses’. As you said “a few” probably do,but that is not what the other poster was implying.

You know at the end of the day this will be a fabulous stadium and what ever is created is down to our owners who you lot should be thankful for. We have seen what’s happening Brambley Dock and that’s going to be a great stadium. Can I also add I wish I could win the lottery and witness what I’m seeing in person. Any blues out there should thank there lucky stars that we are getting this upgrade irrespective of where we want to sit. I believe if you want a vocal end then it’s up to you to make it happen and not the owners.

This is not true btw. The previously approved 3-tier north stand would have taken the capacity from 54,048 to 62,170. The current north stand takes it to 61,958.

That suggests it is atmosphere driven, rather than by capacity.
IMO....the club will try to achieve a higher capacity than spuds or arse (somehow).

They won't be happy for little upstart Dubai/Emirates to have a higher capacity than big brother capital Abu Dhabi/Etihad.

Remember, Abu Dhabi bailed out Dubai during the financial crisis of 2008, one of the conditions being that the unfinished 'tallest building in the world' be renamed from Burj Dubai to Burj Khalifa after the UAE founding father, Sheikh Khalifa from Abu Dhabi !!

Some interesting snippets on the branding, which most of us know about, but for the average City fan who hasn’t followed the build like we have, they will find the branding and what it offers very exciting and interesting.

Welcome to the neighbourhood. (I can’t read the writing under the headline)
Above the city. New stadium walk experience.
The biggest hotel in Manchester coming soon.
We’ve got you covered.(fan zone)
New Manchester City museum and stadium tour.
Manchester’s newest entertainment destination.

IMG-2264.jpg

You know at the end of the day this will be a fabulous stadium and what ever is created is down to our owners who you lot should be thankful for. We have seen what’s happening Brambley Dock and that’s going to be a great stadium. Can I also add I wish I could win the lottery and witness what I’m seeing in person. Any blues out there should thank there lucky stars that we are getting this upgrade irrespective of where we want to sit. I believe if you want a vocal end then it’s up to you to make it happen and not the owners.
Apologies for going slightly off topic. Bramley Moore Dock.

It’s great to see both City and Everton have better and more modern stadiums than United and Liverpool.

IMG_2227.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.