North Stand Expansion

Anfield's new capacity will be 61,000 when the Anfield Road stand opens later this year. Whether that means a bigger concert capacity for the Taylor Swift concerts is anyones guess. Depends on the size of the stage, props, etc.

Once the Etihad has been expanded to 62,000, with the addition of the hotel, (and the Coop Live Arena nearby), there won't be a better stadium concert venue in the North of England.

The list of artists, groups and concerts held at Anfield so far.

The Anfield list of artists, groups and concerts doesn't come close to the list of artists, groups and concerts held at the Etihad stadium, which is a firm favourite with artists and groups. 69 concerts in total.

Last edited:
Anybody got any knowledge of gate percentage taken by event venues for stuff like Coldplay and Ed Sheeran?
It is Lancashire CCC's main income. 4 concerts, 3 internationals, £3m profit and would be in the red otherwise. About 20 odd years ago when they did Move they made £500k record profit. Prices and numbers have gone up since.

It is Lancashire CCC's main income. 4 concerts, 3 internationals, £3m profit and would be in the red otherwise. About 20 odd years ago when they did Move they made £500k record profit. Prices and numbers have gone up since.
Yep. Iirc there is some agreement with local residents to only have a limited number each year - I’m sure LCCC would want more.

Anfield's new capacity will be 61,000 when the Anfield Road stand opens later this year. Whether that means a bigger concert capacity for the Taylor Swift concerts is anyones guess. Depends on the size of the stage, props, etc.

Once the Etihad has been expanded to 62,000, with the addition of the hotel, (and the Coop Live Arena nearby), there won't be a better stadium concert venue in the North of England.

The list of artists, groups and concerts held at Anfield so far.

The Anfield list of artists, groups and concerts doesn't come close to the list of artists, groups and concerts held at the Etihad stadium, which is a firm favourite with artists and groups. 69 concerts in total.

Interested to read those links, cheers.

Reactions: jrb
Anybody got any knowledge of gate percentage taken by event venues for stuff like Coldplay and Ed Sheeran?
They might have a venue price or take a % but City used to have the bar and food. I was told by the guy who ran catering at the time that at the Robbie returns 8 night residency of Take That we took more at the bar than we did for the whole season. They are even more lucrative now

They might have a venue price or take a % but City used to have the bar and food. I was told by the guy who ran catering at the time that at the Robbie returns 8 night residency of Take That we took more at the bar than we did for the whole season. They are even more lucrative now
Given how slowly bar and food is on match day - I bet me made at least £180 profit LOL

Yep. Iirc there is some agreement with local residents to only have a limited number each year - I’m sure LCCC would want more.
Definitely, not good for the pitch and wicket but a few million quid is massive, and the out grounds can get bigger attendances than OT for County Championship and List A at least. Birkdale has been rammed whenever I have been there, and you get some away members spending 4 days in Blackpool etc.

The only issue is they seem to over sell now for OT, more people than facilities can cope with some times. Then look at the accounts and you can see the temptation to do so.

Definitely, not good for the pitch and wicket but a few million quid is massive, and the out grounds can get bigger attendances than OT for County Championship and List A at least. Birkdale has been rammed whenever I have been there, and you get some away members spending 4 days in Blackpool etc.

The only issue is they seem to over sell now for OT, more people than facilities can cope with some times. Then look at the accounts and you can see the temptation to do so.
I’ve been to watch Glamorgan/Lancs in North Wales a few times over the years, and tbh that feels like a ‘home’ fixture too!

I’ve been to watch Glamorgan/Lancs in North Wales a few times over the years, and tbh that feels like a ‘home’ fixture too!
Yeah that is opposite at Colwyn Bay on deck chairs. Far easier to get to from Lancashire than Glamorgan, so always going to be vast majority Lancashire fans when we played Glamorgan or the Unicorns (ECB non contracted team of young players in one day league) who both used it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.