North Stand Expansion

The only things I would change about the North Stand are the following, get rid of the GA+ section and replace it with a double-sided goalline bar at the momomet have the GA+ section in there it like having the tunnel club in the middle of the yellow wall in Dortmund

Put bigger fins on the outside of the hotel as just now it does look like a travel lodge as noted below, having the bigger fins on the hotel would make the builing look more inconic next to the COOP live and also could be used to cover the rest of the staduim once the ground is up to 80,000, please see TQL Staduim which has used the same type of design on there staduim and using technogloy to make it look amazing at night

View attachment 87165

View attachment 87168
View attachment 87169
View attachment 87170

View attachment 87171
The stadium is going to be wrapped in a living wall of moss which Is one of the most effective air polution cleaners.

It's going to have a double skin applied for when the #outoftowners & #nevercenturiansortreblewinnerspool come to town !!

The CGI's are pretty poor, I'd expect it to look a lot better in person than it does in those. There's a lot of detail to capture but whoever they've used hasn't managed to do it very well. When you look at all of the details around the hotel designs it should look okay.

Ultimately it is a bolt on feature which has to provide a service 365 days a year, whilst the football ground is used far less frequently. I don't think there's a lot more they could have done with the layout, and whilst the design doesn't really blow you away, the more quality the higher the costs of staying there ultimately and that's the balance.

That's why regardless of what they're doing in the UAE I've never expected to see the same quality here. The stadium has looked warn out for a while yet they just stick posters around it. The return on investment is much higher in the middle east, and the planning hurdles and other considerations don't exist.

There could be an element of that, the cgi's letting that part of it down a bit. There is still a few steps between this and the built thing, and there are a number of ways it might end up refined (Lexstar already higlighted one of them) through the process. The approval will almost certainly require large scale mock-up panels produced, which will be the time for that level of detail. I'll be optimistic.

Monstrous ??? Fucking hell I bet you live in a 2 up 2 down ? Haaaa
It looks tacked on, which it is. The stadium currently is all curves and the new bits are all square blocks and even worse at funny angles and not even symmetrical. The wave design seems to be an afterthought to give it more life.

That said I think it’ll be great for fans and maybe the CGI isn’t doing it justice like others have suggested.

It looks tacked on, which it is. The stadium currently is all curves and the new bits are all square blocks and even worse at funny angles and not even symmetrical. The wave design seems to be an afterthought to give it more life.

That said I think it’ll be great for fans and maybe the CGI isn’t doing it justice like others have suggested.
All these architects on bluemoon...amazing !!!

There could be an element of that, the cgi's letting that part of it down a bit. There is still a few steps between this and the built thing, and there are a number of ways it might end up refined (Lexstar already higlighted one of them) through the process. The approval will almost certainly require large scale mock-up panels produced, which will be the time for that level of detail. I'll be optimistic.

I wouldn't be too optimistic mate! I work in the planning game, they might do sample panels but you'd do well to get anyone from the Council to bother going and looking at them, or caring enough to query them! Maybe they will in this case, but quality tends to decline from the images not get better. Might just be who I work for!

Monstrous ??? Fucking hell I bet you live in a 2 up 2 down ? Haaaa
How can you expect any visitors paying to watch a game and booking into the hotel to then tramp across the collar site in the glorious Manchester weather to the stadium ? Some people will never be satisfied with what ever the club do ! Wait till its all completed and we have one of finest stadium in the world with wonderfull external facilities I can't wait !

It is not. It is a committee of councilors, who will vote on it. That was set from when it was lodged. Read back through the pages on their already starting. They will of course vote above football allegiance. Don't think anyone has any concern about it not being approved, could even be unanimous. But the curiousty of who backs which club is entirely natural.
The lead town and country planner who happens to be a lady by the name of Atkinson will brief the councilors on her recommendations and provide details for any queries or objections made ! My father was a councilor just because they sit on a particular committee such as housing or planning doesn't mean they have any degree of knowledge on the subject and that l is why the town and country planner leads the meeting ! I can assure that there's not a snowball in he'll chance permission will not be granted !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.