North Stand Expansion

Having used hotels during my working life, never worried about what a hotel looked like outside it's what was inside that mattered. A hotel should be practical and not a sculpture.
The smartest ones on the outside are usually hiding something inside in my experience.

Been posted before, but what the hell, let’s remind ourselves what the new North stand home end will look like.

View attachment 87142

View attachment 87143
Wait until you see the images of the completed stadium with the east & west stand fourth tiers and the corners integrated to give an 85000 capacity.

The best ground in the land and all ze vorld !!

I wouldn't be too optimistic mate! I work in the planning game, they might do sample panels but you'd do well to get anyone from the Council to bother going and looking at them, or caring enough to query them! Maybe they will in this case, but quality tends to decline from the images not get better. Might just be who I work for!
Hi @supercity88 they could log a planning amendment just like what Aston Villa have done with their new North Stand, which could fix issues noted above

Hi @supercity88 they could log a planning amendment just like what Aston Villa have done with their new North Stand, which could fix issues noted above
Much smaller scale than City think whole project was estimated at about £120m if I remember correctly and CGI's don't really show much to what it will intail apart from the station ! Don't look like their as far down the line as City !

Wait until you see the images of the completed stadium with the east & west stand fourth tiers and the corners integrated to give an 85000 capacity.

The best ground in the land and all ze vorld !!

You’ve deffo convinced yourself of the validity of this project… but you remain in a minority of one

They could do a lot of things, but they won't. The detail is in the application. They've listed materials and what they will then need to do is provide actual supplier information. We know there is a red brick plinth but we don't know the brick, so they'll build a panel or send a sample to the Council and it will be approved.

But whilst the Council will have someone who likes bricks and design, it's subjective and costs and lead in times play a part.

Fwiw I don't think there are many hotels in the world, let alone this country, that blow you away with their architecture. And I think this design will look a lot better in person than the CGIs suggest.

They're putting enough into it to make it look okay, but not any more than that because the return simply isn't there. Building projects in Abu Dhabi where the sun shines all year and it gets very hot but people spend a fortune is very different to wet and windy manchester where people staying at the hotel will need good value to tempt them from the city centre.

They could do a lot of things, but they won't. The detail is in the application. They've listed materials and what they will then need to do is provide actual supplier information. We know there is a red brick plinth but we don't know the brick, so they'll build a panel or send a sample to the Council and it will be approved.

But whilst the Council will have someone who likes bricks and design, it's subjective and costs and lead in times play a part.

Fwiw I don't think there are many hotels in the world, let alone this country, that blow you away with their architecture. And I think this design will look a lot better in person than the CGIs suggest.

They're putting enough into it to make it look okay, but not any more than that because the return simply isn't there. Building projects in Abu Dhabi where the sun shines all year and it gets very hot but people spend a fortune is very different to wet and windy manchester where people staying at the hotel will need good value to tempt them from the city centre.

Your last paragraph is the nail on the head imo and the argument that will be used if required by the club regarding the design? It’ll be used by people ons or two nights max and the price point in the UK obviously needs to reflect the difference in the wealth of people staying in Abu Dhabi compared to someone attending a football match or concert in Manchester?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.