North Stand Expansion

The CGI's are pretty poor, I'd expect it to look a lot better in person than it does in those. There's a lot of detail to capture but whoever they've used hasn't managed to do it very well. When you look at all of the details around the hotel designs it should look okay.

Ultimately it is a bolt on feature which has to provide a service 365 days a year, whilst the football ground is used far less frequently. I don't think there's a lot more they could have done with the layout, and whilst the design doesn't really blow you away, the more quality the higher the costs of staying there ultimately and that's the balance.

That's why regardless of what they're doing in the UAE I've never expected to see the same quality here. The stadium has looked warn out for a while yet they just stick posters around it. The return on investment is much higher in the middle east, and the planning hurdles and other considerations don't exist.
Are there many examples of buildings which look better in real life? It's usually the other way round.

I agree though that it might be possible - what looks like a plain office block in the wide shots, does seem to have a lot more detail close up. What it will struggle with is that the Etihad has one of the better silhouettes in football, and sticking all those boxes in front of it is a big shame - if you're going to hide it from visitors, you surely need something more impressive.

How can you expect any visitors paying to watch a game and booking into the hotel to then tramp across the collar site in the glorious Manchester weather to the stadium ? Some people will never be satisfied with what ever the club do ! Wait till its all completed and we have one of finest stadium in the world with wonderfull external facilities I can't wait !
Absolutely mate, people moan at everything city do, it's fucking bizarre??

Are there many examples of buildings which look better in real life? It's usually the other way round.

I agree though that it might be possible - what looks like a plain office block in the wide shots, does seem to have a lot more detail close up. What it will struggle with is that the Etihad has one of the better silhouettes in football, and sticking all those boxes in front of it is a big shame - if you're going to hide it from visitors, you surely need something more impressive.

Not many. I backed that up by saying exactly the opposite two minutes later! In terms of the CGI's though they do lack a lot of detail and are pretty poor in quality so let's settle on "it will look different". Whether it's better will be in the eye of the beer holder.

I've been thinking that about the CGI's for awhile, I'll hold fire until it's built myself before slating it. I highly doubt they're changing anything now anyway.

I wouldn't be too optimistic mate! I work in the planning game, they might do sample panels but you'd do well to get anyone from the Council to bother going and looking at them, or caring enough to query them! Maybe they will in this case, but quality tends to decline from the images not get better. Might just be who I work for!

Well there is that too, it could go the other way and 'not live up to' the cgi's. But, I'm going to stick with some optimism here.

Certain things need to happen next regardless, but on yout point about nobody being bothered, it is too big and too high profile for that. And I would bet on those involved wanting to input and being excited about it. Having checked the report now, it is covered in 2 conditions out of a total of 58 proposed. Which almost makes further changes, and engagenent throughout the process pretty much inevitable. By the time it gets there, these meaningless discussions will be long forgotten anyway.

The lead town and country planner who happens to be a lady by the name of Atkinson will brief the councilors on her recommendations and provide details for any queries or objections made ! My father was a councilor just because they sit on a particular committee such as housing or planning doesn't mean they have any degree of knowledge on the subject and that l is why the town and country planner leads the meeting ! I can assure that there's not a snowball in he'll chance permission will not be granted !

All true but she won't decide it, they will, with the votes. I'm not in the slightest bit concerned about it not being granted btw, just to be clear.

Well there is that too, it could go the other way and 'not live up to' the cgi's. But, I'm going to stick with some optimism here.

Certain things need to happen next regardless, but on yout point about nobody being bothered, it is too big and too high profile for that. And I would bet on those involved wanting to input and being excited about it. Having checked the report now, it is covered in 2 conditions out of a total of 58 proposed. Which almost makes further changes, and engagenent throughout the process pretty much inevitable. By the time it gets there, these meaningless discussions will be long forgotten anyway.

Material costs continue to be a problem, the club will know what they want to use and whilst those conditions mean the Council can say they don't like it, they'll have to accept that costs and availability are a consideration and there won't be too much they can do to be honest. They'll just want to see the materials look like those specified in the details submitted so far. It's not going to change dramatically. You put a sample together, invite the Council down, they look at it and discharge the condition. Simple as that.

Material costs continue to be a problem, the club will know what they want to use and whilst those conditions mean the Council can say they don't like it, they'll have to accept that costs and availability are a consideration and there won't be too much they can do to be honest. They'll just want to see the materials look like those specified in the details submitted so far. It's not going to change dramatically. You put a sample together, invite the Council down, they look at it and discharge the condition. Simple as that.

I disagree. Let's leave it there.

Jrb will no doubt post pictures of the mock-up at some point in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.