North Stand Expansion

FYI we had Danny Wilson at our branch meeting in Thursday I asked him about the configuration of the new North Stand, particularly in resp of concerns regarding corporate at the front of the second tier. He knew about the concerns but said that it wouldn’t be the case, the plans are not set in stone. He said that the bar being just under the front of the 2nd tier was what has caused the confusion. Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting that Blueyorkie.

There are some positive comments coming from Danny Wilson regarding the future proposed seating arrangements on NSL2 from various sources.

It’s fair to say Danny Wilson and the other City board members have been left in no doubt about the fans wanting a proper and vocal home end.

It does seem the board members are listening to the fans and taking the comments and ideas onboard. Hopefully the board members will decide to relocate the proposed hospitality section at the front of the NSL2 to another part of NSL2, or do away with it altogether, and instead expand other hospitality areas already in the ground.

I appreciate City are trying to drive match day revenue. And they also want to see a quick return on the investment on the North stand expansion.

If it’s £750 in north stand level 2 I fear it will have a big impact on a potential home end. Why would anyone from ss3 move there. I hope what you’re saying is wrong.

If we want to sell out that pricing goes completely against that in my opinion.
If seasoncards actually start at £750 in the new second tier then as far as the club is concerned it's a steal. It works out at £39.47 for each and every league game. How many games will have match day pricing starting anywhere near that? The answer is none.

Pricing won't be comparable to SS3 because it will be all level 2, albeit a very large level 2. The whole thrust at the moment is to reduce the overall number of SCs. Next summer will be the third consecutive year that no new SCs will have been released so all non-renewals are now match day sales.

There are some positive comments coming from Danny Wilson regarding the future proposed seating arrangements on NSL2 from various sources.

It’s fair to say Danny Wilson and the other City board members have been left in no doubt about the fans wanting a proper and vocal home end.

It does seem the board members are listening to the fans and taking the comments and ideas onboard. Hopefully the board members will decide to relocate the proposed hospitality section at the front of the NSL2 to another part of NSL2, or do away with it altogether, and instead expand other hospitality areas already in the ground.

I appreciate City are trying to drive match day revenue. And they also want to see a quick return on the investment on the North stand expansion.
If its a bar like the new one in 115 why wouldn't fans want that, it's brilliant !!!

Well said @jrb and thanks for asking the questions at the branch meeting @blueyorkie. Hopefully the club will soon release a CGI video of what is planned. It is good that they are listening to city matters and the 1894

If its a bar like the new one in 115 why wouldn't fans want that, it's brilliant !!!

Sorry, you’ve lost me on that one. I was commenting on the location of the hospitality seating at the front of the stand, not on the bar underneath the seats. (see the planning app) From what I remember about the bar, it‘s nowhere near as big as the new bar area at the back off 115, which has been a great success.

Well said @jrb and thanks for asking the questions at the branch meeting @blueyorkie. Hopefully the club will soon release a CGI video of what is planned. It is good that they are listening to city matters and the 1894
Not cheap, but a flythrough CGI video of the proposed NS redevelopment would be great. Hopefully the club will do that at some point in the future?

If seasoncards actually start at £750 in the new second tier then as far as the club is concerned it's a steal. It works out at £39.47 for each and every league game. How many games will have match day pricing starting anywhere near that? The answer is none.

Pricing won't be comparable to SS3 because it will be all level 2, albeit a very large level 2. The whole thrust at the moment is to reduce the overall number of SCs. Next summer will be the third consecutive year that no new SCs will have been released so all non-renewals are now match day sales.

Of course it’s a steal for the club - they want to make as much money as possible.

Pricing won't be comparable to SS3 because it will be all level 2,
It’s meant to be a home end/ singing section, therefore shouldn’t be compared to other level 2 sections, which are corporate. We have a 7,000 section stand - the obvious opportunity is there to have reasonable pricing that will help to get all the singers in one place. If not, we may as well have built a third tier instead.

If it’s £750/£800 most people from ss3 and younger adults won’t move there when it’s cheaper elsewhere imo. Most people aren’t paying £39 a match either, which I think is too expensive either way.

You might not agree, but I’d like to see more reasonable pricing with a core focus on improving the atmosphere

Last edited:
Of course it’s a steal for the club - they want to make as much money as possible.

It’s meant to be a home end/ singing section, therefore shouldn’t be compared to other level 2 sections, which are corporate. We have a 7,000 section stand - the obvious opportunity is there to have reasonable pricing that will help to get all the singers in one place. If not, we may as well have built a third tier instead.

If it’s £750/£800 most people from ss3 and younger adults won’t move there. Most people aren’t paying £39 a match either, which I think is too expensive for most people.

Short term monetary gain over the long term benefit of having a proper home end, in my opinion, if that is the pricing.
A proper home end means everything to us but sadly nothing at all to Soriano and Khaldoon

If it’s £750/£800 most people from ss3 and younger adults won’t move there when it’s cheaper elsewhere imo. Most people aren’t paying £39 a match either, which I think is too expensive either way.

You might not agree, but I’d like to see more reasonable pricing with a core focus on improving the atmosphere
I'm all for reasonably priced SCs. I'm in the mid section of SS3 and it is great value. I'm just stating what I believe the club's position is and that is to reduce the overall number of SC holders and to have as many people as possible paying sky high match day prices.

Yeah I agree I sit up in ssl 3 and if prices ain't the same or cheap then me an the group of 12 won't be moving they need get this right for us otherwise it won't work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.