North Stand Expansion

Need to improve the infrastructure/transport and car parking facilities arround the ground with any ground expansion. Currently this is going backwards with the big extension of the on street car parking restrictions next season. This is going to make it much harder for many blues to attend matches and put off quite a few.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, I've proven it numerous times in this very thread.
Ouch....touchy this morning are we.

Thousands on the forum may disagree with you.

You proven little but closed,small minded negativity.

Join the enlightened, it's great !!

Ouch....touchy this morning are we.

Thousands on the forum may disagree with you.

You proven little but closed,small minded negativity.

Join the enlightened, it's great !!
I dont need to be enlightened I've worked on and around Citys Construction schemes for the last 4 years and have direct access to the key people - and i know you are, and always have been talking bollocks.

Last edited:
Have you heard that off somebody mate or is that just your hunch?

The only ones happy about paying 3 figures for a basic league fixture are the JCL's and tourists and it's alienating a lot of our fanbase. A number of which will have already gone and never to return. Like yourself I travel a bit of distance to home games and the match ticket is just the start of the costs.

As outrageous as some of the pricing for the Champions League final tickets were there were some priced at £56 and that's almost half the price of one these fixtures (if the £95 quote of Mag is correct). The club almost treats the ESL league fixtures at home as though they are cup finals themselves.

I can only think the £5 child tickets are early cup fixtures? From what I've seen in the league games they're about £40? Fortunately I don't have any offspring and have to cough up that expense too.

I really do wish we'd do something as a fanbase but we're too soft.
If Tim is right about pricing at the bottom end, and MAG is right about pricing at the top end, it's a sign that the club is continuing its nudge of loyals and locals without STs to stick to patronising Cat B and Cat C games - as indicated by the slightly kinder pricing for those games and the introduction of Silvers. That's your 'old City', the one that stumbles against Everton and Brentford, gets back up off the canvas against Palace, and reminds us of what it meant to be a Blue in the old days. Meanwhile, the big games follow the 'Real Madrid model', where you will have a seat if you're a season ticket holder, but really every other seat is aimed to sell as a one-off to one-offs. That's your 'new City' - the one that kills United in 12 seconds, makes Real Madrid look ordinary, the glamour team we can't quite believe exists.

As it stands, we have a large enough proportion of ST holders who can experience the 'old City and the 'new City' relatively affordably so the moans fizzle out and aren't heard all at once. The trouble is, if you think you can get away with charging £95 for a game, are you going to stop there? How long before you start looking at the tens of thousands of ST holders and say we 'can get a LOT more out of them AND reduce the deal' - say mandatory cup schemes, Level 2 hospitality only...matchday pricing is the canary in the coal mine imo. The direction the North Stand expansion takes will be absolutely critical in showing the future direction the club is going, whether it thinks the only obligation to the fans is to play good football, or whether it wants to give a bit more back.

Have you heard that off somebody mate or is that just your hunch?

The only ones happy about paying 3 figures for a basic league fixture are the JCL's and tourists and it's alienating a lot of our fanbase. A number of which will have already gone and never to return. Like yourself I travel a bit of distance to home games and the match ticket is just the start of the costs.

As outrageous as some of the pricing for the Champions League final tickets were there were some priced at £56 and that's almost half the price of one these fixtures (if the £95 quote of Mag is correct). The club almost treats the ESL league fixtures at home as though they are cup finals themselves.

I can only think the £5 child tickets are early cup fixtures? From what I've seen in the league games they're about £40? Fortunately I don't have any offspring and have to cough up that expense too.

I really do wish we'd do something as a fanbase but we're too soft.
I have been in the company of Danny and Roel de Vries at a few Exec Committee meetings. They came across very well tbf. I was in an audience of many but these were the key messages on tickets and memberships.

Roel’s strategy was clear. To have a wider spread of ticket prices at the lower and higher ends. To expand the number of members to ideally be comparable to the rags and dippers. Part of that its the virtual stadium initiative. £100 tickets were never mentioned but it was clear that cheaper tickets would be balanced with more expensive games against title rivals etc.

Last edited:
If Tim is right about pricing at the bottom end, and MAG is right about pricing at the top end, it's a sign that the club is continuing its nudge of loyals and locals without STs to stick to patronising Cat B and Cat C games - as indicated by the slightly kinder pricing for those games and the introduction of Silvers. That's your 'old City', the one that stumbles against Everton and Brentford, gets back up off the canvas against Palace, and reminds us of what it meant to be a Blue in the old days. Meanwhile, the big games follow the 'Real Madrid model', where you will have a seat if you're a season ticket holder, but really every other seat is aimed to sell as a one-off to one-offs. That's your 'new City' - the one that kills United in 12 seconds, makes Real Madrid look ordinary, the glamour team we can't quite believe exists.

As it stands, we have a large enough proportion of ST holders who can experience the 'old City and the 'new City' relatively affordably so the moans fizzle out and aren't heard all at once. The trouble is, if you think you can get away with charging £95 for a game, are you going to stop there? How long before you start looking at the tens of thousands of ST holders and say we 'can get a LOT more out of them AND reduce the deal' - say mandatory cup schemes, Level 2 hospitality only...matchday pricing is the canary in the coal mine imo. The direction the North Stand expansion takes will be absolutely critical in showing the future direction the club is going, whether it thinks the only obligation to the fans is to play good football, or whether it wants to give a bit more back.
I agree jazzyblue to the extent that I’ve been in a bit of trouble helping people to get in the ground for below face value. A guy I was helping (whose on the spectrum) grassed me up to City. He didn’t mean too.

The North Stand expansion is critical in balancing supply and demand and hopefully affordable ticketing.

As I’ve posted many times on here, I encourage Blues to join OSC Branches where spares for home games are shared for below face value.

It was interesting what PB posted about Khaldoon pushing against ticket prices. I do believe those empty seats that had been paid for would have pulled the rug from under his feet. It’s not the fault of fans who see season cards as better value for money and the ticket exchange has helped.

I’m active on Daz Clarke’s Face Value Ticket page and I applaud what he does for Blues. City could learn lessons from having a look on that page. Tickets are resold at Face Value or below. Many of the members of the page - who don’t strike me as being particularly loaded - will buy corporate tickets for special occasions. Thereby, there is a balance between slightly cheaper general admission tickets and City are helped to sell out corporate offerings too.

Dave, Mark and Susan have just spent a grand each on their trips to Istanbul so Danny thinks he can get another £40 out of them.

Joking aside, priority games will continue to get more and more expensive and lower profile matches will be cheaper with kids tickets starting at a fiver.

City want to increase the corporate and core fan base. Season tickets prices will continue to increase at a bit below the rate of inflation.

There will be excess demand for brilliant quality football until at least the expanded Norse Stand opens.

City will prioritise increasing membership numbers including the virtual stadium memberships.
The target market is not Dave the warehouse guy and his two kids Mark and Susan living in a terraced house in Crumpsall, saving hard all year for a match ticket, where they'll have a burger and chips, wearing scarves bought off a dodgy barrow stall.
They'll have a great time and tell all their mates at school who'll be jealous as fuck. Next year they hope their mum can go with them. She hopes she will if the kids don't need new shoes.

The target market is Jan Ole with his brother Sven and their partners Ange and Hilde, IT professionals coming from Norway to see their golden boy on a long weekend trip where they'll spend a grand each on match tickets, hotel, meals, a show at the Co-op Arena, shirts from the shop, stadium tour. They'll go home having had a great time tell their mates and plan another trip before the end of the season.

It's the new world football order.

There has to be a place for both.
And I want to know why my eyes are watering.
What you say is true, we’re currently located in tier 2 of the east stand in 201 since the move, we’ve heard that they want to expand the corporate area even further on the long sides o& the ground and will be looking to increase prices accordingly to match other corporate seating in order to attract fans who may only attend 1 game a year and will pay a premium price for the best seats. So I would expect it will take place once the north stand has been expanded so giving us the option to move. On a side note, if I were to sell my ticket back to club I’d get around £50 back per game but at the moment the club offers seats on a game by game basis in the same block with access to the kits lounge for £100-£300 depending on the opponent so it makes great business sense to offer Premium packages by quietly forcing out season ticket holders in premium seats.

I dont need to be enlightened I've worked on and around Citys Construction schemes for the last 4 years and have direct access to the key people - and i know you are, and always have been talking bollocks.
The last 4 years have seen NO major construction or infrastructure projects...NONE !!

There have been several extensions,expansions and upgrades but nothing of material significance.

Do you think the owner divulges concept plans to Manchester contractors?

What I've seen, and been told, may not even have been seen or heard by anyone outside Abu Dhabi.

You're outside the region of knowledge and power mate.

As you were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.