official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

God I'd never heard of Manchester City until that Sheek with all that money turned up, before that I supported Manu and I'd never even heard of City.OMG I'm SOOO ramdome.

This year though I've really been supporting Chelsea as my mates, best mates mum's sister's brother work mate once went to Stamford bridge and that makes me feel quite close to them....Maybe next year I will support City, but it depends on who they buy and their league position....I mean in the office I've got to be liked by the majority and lord it over someone who supports a poorer team or else I simply don't feel like one of the boys, I've got my reputation to think about here!!

Fist away day was Barnsley in 2001 where we won 3-0, Goater, Pearce & Huckerby. I remember it was 31st October remember chants of 'You should have gone trick or treating' an 'you only sing in the woolpack'! First home game was Sheffield Utd some time in the early 90's I was a young un then though, all I remember was it was dark, raining and we lost (as was usually the case!)

I've always read this forum and think I once had an account but never really posted. I thought I'd use this thread to make a new account and start posting.

Been a Blue since 97. I'd always loved football but with no team from my City I never really supported anyone. I got mates with a lad who's whole family were Blues so started going to watch with them. I never looked back from there.

I can't wait for them lot to start calling us glory supporters. :D

First game in 76 - watched City home and away for many years - over 70 different away grounds visited. Now looking forward to more Euro trips and maybe a couple of finals!

been a city fan for 40yrs live in the south and already seen more city shirts on glory hunters backs over the last 6 months than i had seen over 40yrs of following city. I know the club wants to be a global but it now pisses me off to see theses people clambering to be part of city now CTID

Seriously you cant take amount of posts as an indication of people Jumping on the band wagon, i for one didnt even know we had a band wagon.
Many people like myself and a previous poster have been reading these boards for years but never really felt like posting.
Ive been more than content listening to you guys rambling on over the years.

This (im sure) is my first post, does that make me a glory hunter? lmao far from it!
I was born in Nottingham (sorry) my old man was a MAD Forest fan and i was dragged to every home game (this was the mid to late 70s when Forest were pretty much a decent side).
So it would have been easy to support them at that time but no, me Grandad was a mad Blue living in the far away land of Manchester and much to my old mans disgust after a few games at Maine Road i was hooked.

No idea why, maybe my dislike of the colour Red, maybe i just knew that supporting City was going to be a lifelong ride of endless homecoming parades, trips to Wembley, driving all those miles to Manchester on wet, cold nights to watch yet another game in Europe, waiting with anticipation every Saturday for the vidiprinter to churn out yet another memorable City victory when i couldnt get up to our theatre of dreams.

Hang on a min......................

With our past history of ups and downs why the hell would anyone want to jump on our band wagon?

I will make a resolution to post more, dont say i didnt warn you.

36 years of Glory Hunting and counting.

This makes no sense, surely the glory-hunters will be identifiable because they aren't manc

first game i cant quite remember because i was so young. But i have a season ticket and have had one since about 04 and im only 13!

My first game was against Derby County in 1978. Can't remember the score as I was only 3. My old fella took me to 3 or 4 games a season until I was 10 when i became a season ticket holder in the North Stand.

I have been a season ticket holder now for a continuous 26 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.