official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

First match i earned the entrance fee for myself, cousin took me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11v11.com/matches/manchester-city-v-sheffield-wednesday-13-april-1996-22516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.11v11.com/matches/manchester ... 1996-22516</a>

Rosler, scrappy winner from around the right corner of the 6 yard box.

First ever match was same fixture in 86, dad took me.

Boy do I feel old now! My first City match was when City played Linfield in Belfast in the European Cup Winners Cup in 1968. City were beat 2-1 on the night with Colin Bell scoring. They went on to win 1-nil at Maine Road and went throuh to the next round on away goals rule. They ultimately won the cup that season.
That was the year my young brother was born and being a spoilt brat I got my way and named him Colin after Colin Bell.
I've truly been waiting 44 years for this moment lol
Sorry, rant over

official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

I was a foetus on the Kippax back in 1964.;-) In fact, thinking about it, it was probably 1963.

My mum was pregnant with me when my Dad took her to a match. She was only 17 bless her.

Never watched city play in either maine road or the city of manchester/etihad stadium, but been a fan since 2002 when me and my mates had to pick english teams we support to divide players up in a football match to manU and ABU .. well, the ride in front of telly - later internet was both fun and dramatic to say the least. Anyway, almost everywhere i have been in my life (India, Italy, France, Switzerland or US), I have pretty much been the only blue for miles around ... so here's my two pennies worth of reply to a digital signature of "i was thr" thread :)

Never really started supporting City until we won the Quadrulple in the 12/13 season, after that I was hooked.

I hope someone bumps this in 2014!

I've got about 2 posts to my name on this forum but then I've been busy producing the next generation of blues, at least one of which WILL play for us :D

However I went and stood on the Kippax with my dad about age 7 in 1973 before we "upgraded" to the Old Blokes end (Platt Lane). I sat on Trevor Francis' knee, wrote a love letter to Billy McNeill and a lust letter to Steve Mackenzie, and I had my heart broken AT Wembley in 1981. I own a Maine Rd seat not yet set in concrete in the garden, but one day... I met Dickov once after 1999 and couldn't speak...

I might be a fat old mum now, but I can pick a team and understand the offside rule. I may not get to games these days but I'm constantly begging my ST owning brothers, dad etc to take my boys. I hope I fit in cos the first grumpy bloke calling me a gloryhunter gets fucking decked.

We're all lying to ourselves, we became City fans that season when Chelsea didn't win a trophy.

bluebirdie said:
I've got about 2 posts to my name on this forum but then I've been busy producing the next generation of blues, at least one of which WILL play for us :D

However I went and stood on the Kippax with my dad about age 7 in 1973 before we "upgraded" to the Old Blokes end (Platt Lane). I sat on Trevor Francis' knee, wrote a love letter to Billy McNeill and a lust letter to Steve Mackenzie, and I had my heart broken AT Wembley in 1981. I own a Maine Rd seat not yet set in concrete in the garden, but one day... I met Dickov once after 1999 and couldn't speak...

I might be a fat old mum now, but I can pick a team and understand the offside rule. I may not get to games these days but I'm constantly begging my ST owning brothers, dad etc to take my boys. I hope I fit in cos the first grumpy bloke calling me a gloryhunter gets fucking decked.

I like the cut of your jib...along with my intact and in no way dislocated jaw.

My first game was against Leicester and Brian Kidd scored 4 , my brother was older than me and had the money to go home and away ,i started going regular when we were in the championship with players like Bernabia , Huckerby and the Goat fantastic times,remember going to Bradford away had a great time one hot dog stall for all of us.Was also at the Luton game when we got relegated and lost my new shoes in the crush on the way out.Had a season ticket for the last few years at Maine Road and every season at the Etihad,and spent many a rainy night in UU at Maine road with my lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.