official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

So how do we fill a 70,000 stadium thenif we can only admit those who remember York away?

Does that mean my kids shouldn't be allowed in? Or anybody else's kids?

Absolutely puerile thread made by someone with serious insecurity issues!

bluetoby said:
its all to much my favorite song is we never win at home and we never win away. its brilliant on away trips to be pissed up and singing that after a thumping good loss and seeing the bemused faces of opposition fans cos we are still enjoying ourselves, its just not the same keep winning !!
suppose better keep trying to ferret out derby ticket for my 22 year old daughter who has never wanted to attend (nearly said come) before £48 extra quid where was she when we were shit ???

I remember wanting to die after relegation confirmed at ipswich, then 4 of us stopping at sandbach services for a piss, singing and cheering, when a scouser said "are you real you've just gone down, i'd be burning my shirt and protesting at the gates of the club!" No we're not singing because of that, we're singing because we are glad not to be scousers or rags. All together now Oh We never win at home and we never win away.............

Soulboy said:
So how do we fill a 70,000 stadium thenif we can only admit those who remember York away?

Does that mean my kids shouldn't be allowed in? Or anybody else's kids?

Absolutely puerile thread made by someone with serious insecurity issues!
or tongue in cheek ????

I only support city because their shirts are a bloody lovely shade of blue.

Well although I'm only young compared to a lot of people on here I could still never be called a glory hunter.

I remember my first game pretty well, it was against Chesterfield in September 1998 and we drew 1-1. My dad had decided to take me and my older cousin (who was already a big blue) because I'd never shown an interest in any football club before and he thought it was about time he tried to pass on the family tradition.

He was actually very clever in bringing my cousin because I looked up to him massively as a kid and so his enthusiasm for City instantly effected me. The rest is history, I was hooked. I joined a local football team, constantly played football at school and talked about City to my friends (who were all united fans).

I went to a couple more games that season, one being Burnley, I think Goater scored a last minute equaliser. Then my dad took me to Wembley, one of the single greatest experiences of my childhood. As an 8 year old I was in awe of the whole thing. Then one day over a pint, my dad and uncle decided that, as tickets were still relatively cheap, they would pay for me and my cousin to have a season ticket.

I grew up in the stands of Maine Road and COMs, season ticket year after year until Stuart Pearce's first full season when my dad had to quit his job and it was no longer affordable to go every week.

I've moved away now and haven't been to a game in a few years, but one day when I can afford to I'll be back with a season ticket.

SBF (I was here when we were shit)

love & peace boys , i would sooner see ANYBODY wearing a blue shirt than anything associated with ragworld , the futures bright the futures BLUE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.