official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

Isn't this thread a bit obsolete as surely everyone here applies. Why? Because we aren't successful yet. :D

Surely someone could have joined yesterday and still have been going consistently since like the 70's?

Anyway I'm 17, could have been a Liverpool fan as half the family are scousers but chose City. I've had years of piss-taking and my first game was Norwich at home in Division 1. we won 3-1 Kennedy with two and the goat with another.
Good enough for you?

Crap, I can't apply as I was a City fan when we were succesful. I can dimly remember the late 60's and easily remember the '76 cup final.

Guess I'm a glory hunter after all :-)

Petemeister said:
Surely someone could have joined yesterday and still have been going consistently since like the 70's?
Shut up you idiot. Your join date is the only cred you have on here. If it's not before the 1st of September 2008, you're a gloryhunter, the end.

bluetoby said:
Soulboy said:
So how do we fill a 70,000 stadium thenif we can only admit those who remember York away?

Does that mean my kids shouldn't be allowed in? Or anybody else's kids?

Absolutely puerile thread made by someone with serious insecurity issues!
or tongue in cheek ????

I did realise that!

It's just that I find it in bad taste... a bit too raggy for my liking.

Now if the requirement was that you had to have been brought up within the sight of the Maine Road floodlights... then count me in!

Alright since its confesionals today might as well tell my story,
Grew up in Q8 and like many places in the world there were only three teams that ever exsisted Real Marid, Barcelona and Man UStartingtosucky-ted. Was pretty ambivalent about football as its not that major where i come from, though i hated my untd classmates, i remember them talking sh*te about rooney when he was in everton but low and behold once he was wearing that red ugly shirt all of a sudden he's god, so i hated untd from then on. Started getting interested in football more and more, thought i was missing out. When i heard about Manchester City i was hooked, i was always partial to sky blue, i painted my living room sky blue :p
Why city? Love the history and the fans, sticking through thick and thin a set and team and fans like that deserve respect which is why i can't for the life of me understand why other fans getting so hot and bothered about city. Also the owner, Sheikh Mansour is a classy guy and i can't help but believe that in this f*ed up world he's doing something to bridge a gap between East and West (or at least Manchester and Abu Dhabi but hey its close enough). Anyways as i am living in the west coast of the US and getting up at 5AM in the morning to watch those mighty blues, thats it i got hooked and City I Love You. Anyways thats my story.
New fans I guess come with football its inveitable somewhere in the world theres some 12 year old following football and falling in love with city, he'll tell his parents if they're well of enough to buy shirts and merch and thats the best for the club long term. Although the fans in Manchester are always going to be number #1 sticking through thick and thin like that is something special which is why City's current success is well overdue, and heres hoping to many successfull seasons ahead.

Well I've been a City fan since we were successful... The late 60's.

Joined BM after the takeover but that's hardly the correct measure of long-time support, is it?

But I also have to point out that we still haven't actually become "successful" again... Yet!

Have we got Glory seeking fans yet?

Surely we need a bit of glory first

As for all this first game stuff, it genuinely pains me to say I have no idea what my first game was, I have a really good memory for football and can probably (almost) tell you the score and who scored of most city games for the last 15 years

I guess my first game was late 80s, started going regularly early 90s, got a season ticket mid 90s and been practically every home game in the last 10 years, dont get to as many away games as id like due to work commitments

So is this like a test? do i pass? Or should I expect a knock on the door from the fan police some time soon

Andy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.