official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

I became a City fan when i was watching Match of The Day in the season they came back from the first division. Thought it was the season 2000-2001. Was feeling terrible when they got relegated against Ipswich but followed City on BBC text the next season :)

I'm from holland and Feyenoord supporter but I have a signed City shirt from Paul Bosvelt year 2004 so i hope that proves that i'm not a succes fan :)

All the rags I know, know I was going when were shit. Actually I took a rag with me to the auto windscreen trophy when there was about 3200 fans there! so don't need any evidence

Hi fellow blues,
Long time lurker,first post.

I have supported our great club circa '71,first game 1975 v Burnley(0-0)
sat on the maroon benches in the Platt Lane with my dad RIP.First game
on the kippax in 1981 hence my user name.
Like many people on here,and indeed like many blues around the world,I
have had to sit back and watch those rag t***s and their arrogant t***t
fans conquer all before them.Everywhere I've ever been I have had to
suffer the assault on my senses,whether it be shopping,down the pub,the
cinema etc of plastic rags wearing their crap shitty tops spouting bile and
filth about " united this, united that blah blah blah ".It used to bother me.
In fact it used to make me want to punch the glory hunting pricks. But
not anymore.

I,ve always prided myself on the fact that I,we,are not like them.How
could we be? We have had no success,no trophies,how could a Blue ever
be accused of being a glory hunter? We're supposed to be lickle citeh,
but as we all know and appreciate the times they are a changing.

It is going to be oviously clear that we are going to attract new supporters.
Success on the pitch will automatically attract floating armchair fans to our
club,whether this be at home or abroad,and personally I don't see this as a
bad thing.If we're all honest with ourselves,how many of us have seen
pictures of Liverpool and the scum turning up at some foreign airport to be
greeted like pop stars by 1000's of screaming fans and thought " I wish that
could be us"? Well now it could be.

The revenue potential of millions of glory hunters to our club cannot be over
estimated.This is revenue we will desperately need as UEFA's regulations
kick in.Every glory hunter spending money on a City shirt is taking much
needed money away from two teams who play in red and who we all want
to see fail.

As for myself? Ive been hunting glory for 39 years.I now believe that I
actually might find it.

CTID

I wonder why do you want to emphasize this issue, is it like having seniority over other members who want to join the forum?
What is the relevance? What if someone loves and support the Club from today, tomorrow or 50 years back?

anyone who posts on here before we win a trophy isnt a glory hunter. even if you only joined the forum today. we are not successful yet fellas. im also not really having a major dig. it is obvious that WHEN we do start winning things our support will increase and this is just an opportunity for people to state their love for city.

el blue said:
supergrover said:
WTF never understand why people come out with this shite sounds like something a rag would say by the way my cocks bigger than yours.

What can't you understand? I'm proud to have been a blue all my life just like my father before me, and Im also proud of my massive cock.

Because my father is a red and most of the family are to, that i've only ever known city in the 35 years i've been alive and it's been 35 fantastic years because most of that time we have made our own entertainment (we have had to) so now that everything sort of feels kind of orgasmic do i feel its my right ahead of others to claim my place? well no because to me it's never been about that you always feel welcome around city and its fans, the other was something that the rags came out with soon after they started to get priced out, i don't care how long you have been a fan or how many games you get to your a blue and thats it, you show your love in your own way but all are welcome. (by the way el blue i have a right set of nuts to) :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.