official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

Born 1973,first game was 82-83,,,first season ticket 83-84 our first season back in div 2 for ages and never missed since and countless countless numbers of away games over 6000 points so not doin bad,,and like another poster said loved every minute of it,but the time has come now to start winning things,and i dont give a fookin shite how much it costs,,,,,BRING IT ON!!!!

Sunderland at Maine Road, 1968/69 SEASON. Stood on the old north stand terraces........Lost 1-0....

citytillidie86 said:
I was here when we were shit, haven't posted that much though. Just like to read what is going on instead of posting.

Joined Mon May 24, 2004 10:54 am

Lol,fookinhell u aint kiddin 6 posts in 6 years,well its 1 a year i suppose,,lol nice 12 fella,defo a lurker then

Couldn't give a fuck what anybody else is, the time you get this team in though can prove if you were a fan when we were shit :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/fun_games/missingmen/0,20922,15146_6275516,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/fun_games/miss ... 16,00.html</a>

38 secs

Completely nonsensical thread & viewpoint.

What do you think our owner will make of these new fans? He'll fucking love them & more than that he'll be counting on them.

davymcfc said:
we are going to start winning things very soon. we are winning games when playing badly. we are being linked with mega stars and we have the best striker in the world. its not going to be long before we get stupid, glory hunting fans. well if i ever get accused of being a glory hunter i can show them this thread. any one else?

You don't need to show anyone anything mate! We are true blues! Even if someone thinks you've only been going to City 5 minutes, so what? Let them think that! As long as you, I and everyone else knows in our own heads and hearts that we "were there when we were shit!", nothing else matters.

Nobody deserves success, there are lower league clubs from decent sized cities with big supports and huge potential who have never won a bean like, Bristol City. If anyone deserves success then they are arguably more deserving than us for having the Sheikh. So it's not like us getting 28000+ in the third division makes us deserving, but by fucking god does it feel good after what we've watched over the years. and the shit we've had of them fuckin Rags!

Don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks about us being glory hunters! Really, every club hunts glory and every club has fans, so everyone is a glory hunter!

I have it on good authority that the op hasn't been a City fan for long himself, he only started supporting us in September 08 because he is a huge Glauber Berti fan and he had joined at the end of August.

been a city fan 42 years , even though i was born in burnley but lived most of my life in london . only reason i started to follow city was my brother was a man utd fan (he is from southend on sea ) an we never used to get on an still dont to this day . i was in the london city supporters club for many years an used to get to most games in the late 70's 80's an early 90's before i moved to australia .

My first game was a 7 year old in March 1970. We were just on the decline then (team getting old/stale) even though we almost won the league the following year.

It's been mostly downs on the field since then but I wouldn't change any of it, well not much.

I'm lovin' it now.

I'll only be a city fan if they sign rooney otherwise I'm staying as a fan of Barcelona and Real Madrid cr9 is so awsum!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.