Overseas blues

Born and bred in Chadderton,went to Cardinal Langley school in Middleton (half red,half blue).
First game in about 1965...Johnny Crossan was captain.Chose City cos my next door neighbour was a rag and he was a k@#bhead.

Have now lived in Oz for 20 years , most of it in Perth (where i currently live) but also had a couple of in Melbourne.

We have a brilliant supporters club here in Perth with over 100 members...so it helps.
CTID...of that i have no doubt.

Born in Crumpsall hospital 1966, we lived in Cheetham Hill until we moved to Langley when I was a toddler.
Always a City family, started watching City at the age of 10, would only go to home games with the occasional local away game (OT, LFC etc, etc)
Started following City to every home and away match at 16, pretty much until I emigrated to the US at 21.
I have loads of ex-pat Brit mates over here who follow all kinds of different teams. I've always talked up City and not taken and shyte from anyone. Now we truly are a massive club I am playing it cool and acting as if it is no big deal, which seems to piss all my mates off.
"Aren't you bothered Andy?"
"Let's wait until a balls been kicked eh"

Obviously I'm well chuffed at our current status, but fuck my Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Shyte supporting mates, I'm a City fan, I have always had more class than them anyway.

blue roo said:
Born and bred in Chadderton,went to Cardinal Langley school in Middleton (half red,half blue).
First game in about 1965...Johnny Crossan was captain.Chose City cos my next door neighbour was a rag and he was a k@#bhead.

Have now lived in Oz for 20 years , most of it in Perth (where i currently live) but also had a couple of in Melbourne.

We have a brilliant supporters club here in Perth with over 100 members...so it helps.
CTID...of that i have no doubt.

Nice one, I went to Cardinal Langley as well.

I started watching the Premier League in 2003/04 when I got Fox Soccer Channel. I quickly became addicted to the game with the fast play and enthusiastic crowds.

As an American, Reyna was a favorite of mine so I paid some attention to City. I absolutely loved SWP. He was (and is again) by far my favorite player in the league. It didn't take long before City were my team.

It's easy to follow the team in America. I can watch most of the games on TV and the rest on stream.

I've got my cousin hooked as well, although he chose to support Fulham. One day soon we hope to fly over to attend a match in person. Maybe when the dollar gets a little stronger.

Born at home, on Ravenswood Rd in Stretford... within spitting distance of the swamp. My Mum & Dad were both blues, although for a while after ww2 my Dad went to Maine Rd. every week, seeing God's own team one week & the rags the next as they were lodgers at the time. My Dad was a blue though. My first game was a rainy mid week match against Sunderland back in the mid 70's. My Dad took me and we stood in the Kippax. Dennis Tueart scored a penalty.

Moved to Florida in 1992. CTID.

Born Warrington. Lived in Newton-le-Willows. Went to school in Wigan. Worked in M/cr for seven years.

Been in Hong Kong for over twenty years. Persuaded of the virtues of City by my father and great-uncle, a professional player in 1930's. Watch City at least twice a year when on trips to see family.

I must have been aged about four when I started supporting the cross I have borne my entire life. An older kid was staying up the street with his aunt and uncle on holiday in Prestatyn (Peter Lines was his name). We had moved from Eccles when I was two, in the mid sixties. If I am honest, I thought my Dad supported them but no it was united. But having promised Peter to support them that was that. In my later life, I was never too sure if Dad had converted to Catholicism because of his football fervour, and access to tickets. My last name is Platt, a name solidly Manchester (Even if the Platt Lane was for the visiting team). Remember visiting relatives in Urmston, Higher Broughton and Salford; its changed a bit now, when I go back.
Always catch a game when I do get home. Saw the boys play at Villa at Christmas. Immensely enjoyable as always. Perhaps tickets will not be so easy to get when I go back next time.

I met my wife here in Las Vegas. Her maiden name, Frances Lee. Love at first sight.
If anybody is planning to come to Vegas, message me and I will let you know where to catch the City game. As the games are on at seven in the morning here, it can get pretty lively, as many of the supporters have been out all night on the town. Either roaring drunk, or fast asleep.

If anybody gets to the end of my rambling shite I'd be amazed.

Born Manchester (Crumpsall) a long time ago, now in Dunsborough, West Oz.

Remember my first match, went with my avid city fan father to a friendly. City V East Fife Feb 1953. Spent most of the game cheering for Bert Trautmann (my idol) only to find out it was John Savage in goal. Greatest memory I have was being behind the goal at Wembley when Bert broke his neck and Dave Ewing virtually built a brick wall around him to protect him. City won the cup!!!

In 1988 my father was watching city v united on the television, he was too old to go to the match. City beat united, my dad's last words were " I'm happy now I can go in peace " he went to sleep and died that night in his armchair.

I was born in Western Wisconsin and fell in love with football during the 1994 World Cup. So I began looking for a club to support. Around that time Oasis started to break and I was a huge fan. As everyone knows they support City so I figured I would throw my hat in the ring. I had to follow them over the internet at that time but my love for the club grew even as they dropped leagues. While everyone else was wearing NBA and NFL jerseys I had my lazer blue Kappa shirt to wear. I got to my first game in 2003 and now manage to make it to a match or two a year. 14 years and counting all thanks to Oasis haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.