Overseas blues

born in Denton, family moved to Oz in '67. both sides of the family are strong blues. there was only ever on choice and have passed that on to my young ones without too much debate. my 8-year old has about a dozen old hand me down city tops that i've kept that he's always wearing.

Born and raised in Australia. Dads family are mancs. Remembered looking in the back of the sports section when we were down the leagues, as it was all we got of city. When we made it back to the Prem, there was no other choice.

Went over to England in 03, but unfortunately it was the off season :( Plan is to go next xmas, though I might go sooner if I can get the funds and we make a final.

Moved to Perth from Audenshaw 2 and a bit years ago. Didnt miss many home matches between 1984 and leaving for Oz. Home on the 5th Oct so hopefully ill be able to get a match in.

Been living in Asia for 24 years, 12 years in Hong Kong and the past 12 years in Manila Philippines. Went to my first game in '63 and have been a fanatic ever since. Despite living overseas I have always kept my season ticket and manage to get to 2/3 games each season. Don't worry, the ticket is used every week by brother, niece, friends or whoever wants. Get to see most games here but only really one venue. I also have a brother in New York who is equally fanatical and another brother who was also living in Asia who has the good fortune to have just moved back to Manchester after 20+ years, perfect timing!
Surrounded here by reds and chelsea fans with a fair few Liverpool but my pride in my club is well known. These are great days for City and I cannot wait for the next few months. If we qualify or not, the past 2 games have shown we are capable of playing attractive football and will entertain us. Having been a City fan for so long, I cannot help think something will go wrong but I keep my fingers crossed. Part of me is already missing the role we have held for many years as everyone's second team (the soap opera club, we are not utd etc.) but I will enjoy the ride
CTID

parky said:
Been living in Asia for 24 years, 12 years in Hong Kong and the past 12 years in Manila Philippines. Went to my first game in '63 and have been a fanatic ever since. Despite living overseas I have always kept my season ticket and manage to get to 2/3 games each season. Don't worry, the ticket is used every week by brother, niece, friends or whoever wants. Get to see most games here but only really one venue. I also have a brother in New York who is equally fanatical and another brother who was also living in Asia who has the good fortune to have just moved back to Manchester after 20+ years, perfect timing!
Surrounded here by reds and chelsea fans with a fair few Liverpool but my pride in my club is well known. These are great days for City and I cannot wait for the next few months. If we qualify or not, the past 2 games have shown we are capable of playing attractive football and will entertain us. Having been a City fan for so long, I cannot help think something will go wrong but I keep my fingers crossed. Part of me is already missing the role we have held for many years as everyone's second team (the soap opera club, we are not utd etc.) but I will enjoy the ride
CTID
welcome to the site

Born in and lived in Salford (oh yes, deep in rag country) until two years ago when I moved out to Sydney. Season ticket holder from 1991 to 2005. Reckon I'll stay in Sydders now forever, but I'll occasionally get back to see them, just not sure when... Oh no, wait a minute, I'm back in October and will fit in two matches. I didn't think I'd get any games, quick fixture change around, and now I'm going to Ammonia FC home and Bin Dipper FC home. Get in!!!

Born and lived in Denton for 23 years (23 years of being a blue) till 4 month ago. Moved away now on me travels, spending first year or so in Bucharest, working in construction so dont know where ill be in Europe after this yet. Season ticket holder at City from age of 17 when i could afford it, used to go plenty away games with me old man and his mates. Did all but one 99/00 season!! including our own eurpean tour for the last game at Gillingham, Thursday night drove over to Lille, then friday over to Brugges and then back over on the ferry on the Saturday for the game! Eurpean adventures seemed a while away back then so it was the best we could come up with!!

CTID!!!

i lived in rochdale once but couldnt get to grips with the language,food or lifestyle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.