Owning a nice watch

May already have been posted but for all watches, even those worth just a few hundred pounds try to keep the box the watch arrived in, as well as any documents.

Failing that ensure you take images of any valuables you have, especially taking note of the serial number of a watch as they're registered on various databases.

My Dad had an 1850's fob watch which was valued at £800 when his house was broken into around 40 years ago, he kept it in his drinks cabinet in the bottom of a Whisky box but the robbers found it. When he claimed on his insurance they paid him £200. All a bit different now but the more evidence you have of owning valuable items the better chance you get of being paid the correct amount of the claim.

Also for items like iPads/laptops/expensive TV's keep and photograph the user manual as well as receipts, they're accepted as proof of ownership by Insurance companies.

A woman was mugged in London outside St Pancras for her £185,000 Richard Mille watch on Sunday.

Bought a Planet Ocean this morning which should be with me on Monday.

Like a kid at Christmas now waiting.

Would love to get a seamaster. 1st thing to do after putting it on

A Vesper Martini comprises three shots London dry gin, one shot vodka and half a shot dry French wine aperitif. It's James Bond's drink of choice and, thanks to the movie franchise, is famously ordered with the specification for it to be "shaken not stirred".

I know it's a million miles from an Omega or a Rolex, but I've just bought a Citizen CZ Gen-2 hybrid.
I wanted a decent watch but I've never seen one that screams "BUY ME!!" I was considering a Citizen Eco-Drive and while looking I saw the hybrid.
I'd never heard of hybrid watches and did some digging. Citizen have a couple, and other makes such as Garmin, Tissot, Kronaby, Fossil and Withings have a wider range.
Essentially it's a smart watch with analogue hands. There are fewer "smart" features than on a full smart watch but the battery life is about a month rather than a day or two. The face appearance can be changed via an app and historic health data such as steps are also stored in the app. If the phone disconnects from the app it retains data for a couple of weeks at least and updates the app when connection is re-established.
The limiting factor for some reviewers is the lack of a second hand, and this seems to apply for almost all hybrid watch manufacturers.
There are several styles available (with out without bezel, different straps/bracelets)
I bought the one below and have it showing pulse, steps, day/date and battery level.

Edit: The link goes to the page for the range rather than the individual model. The one I have is top left on the page.

I have one of these, cracking everyday watch, links to your phone as well.

Would love to get a seamaster. 1st thing to do after putting it on

A Vesper Martini comprises three shots London dry gin, one shot vodka and half a shot dry French wine aperitif. It's James Bond's drink of choice and, thanks to the movie franchise, is famously ordered with the specification for it to be "shaken not stirred".
You can’t make Bond’s martini now.
The vermouth used was called Kina Lillet.
It was withdrawn because it contained quinine.
It’s replacement is called Lillet Blanc.

Bought a Planet Ocean this morning which should be with me on Monday.

Like a kid at Christmas now waiting.

Stunning.

I fancy an Aqua Terra

No I've gone for that exact look, it's a hybrid rubber bellied strap with black alligator inlay and looks stunning.
It does look stunning. Can you post a pic or three after it arrives and you've stopped running around the room in excitement ? :)

A woman was mugged in London outside St Pancras for her £185,000 Richard Mille watch on Sunday.
If I spent that much on a watch, I'd be terrified to wear it out in public among the plebs. Which, I suppose, kind of defeats the purpose of owning such an item. Not much point owning such a watch if you can't show it off in public.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.