Pelligrini's tactics.

big blueballs said:
That 4-2-2-2 formation was what he used at Villareal where the fullbacks provide the width, it can change to a 4-4-2 if required, so very similar to the way Mancini sets us up where the wide players tuck in, and with two holding midfielders
At Malaga it looks more like a standard 4-3-3 which becomes 4-5-1 when required so very positive, which says to me he doesn't have a certain system, and will work the system to the players available

The other thing is you don't manage Real Madrid and get a record 96 points playing negatively, where he played a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1 once again very positive but based on the players he had at his disposal

I am not one who wants Mancini go, but I am not worried by the appointment of Pellegrini neither, he will prove to be a very astute appointment, not sure it will be a long term thing though

I like the idea of a manager who is open to changing tactics as the need arises. We need to improve the tempo of our game, look at Bayern & Dortmund then target that standard.

A lot of people trying to convince themselves he is different when really he just seems the same. If we must lose Mancini then at least do it for a manager who has a radically different approach to the game not someone who adopts the exact same style.

RandomJ said:
A lot of people trying to convince themselves he is different when really he just seems the same. If we must lose Mancini then at least do it for a manager who has a radically different approach to the game not someone who adopts the exact same style.

That style you talk of was adapted by the current Barca team. City, at their best, play something very similar but crucially we lack pace and often a plan B. Perhaps our board don't feel the tactics need drastically changing, just the man management skills?

Has a different man-management style to Mancini which might suit our players more.

those same tactics that last won him his only european trophy in that fantastic inter-toto cup win ten years ago

it seems we will be playing 4-3-3, although it has been a disappointing season I believe mancini would have been given more time if he wasn't so stubborn. with mancini we play 4-2-3-1 whether its working or not although we have toyed with 5-3-2 which has not worked but mancini has kept going to it if he changes from 4-2-3-1. Mancini is too stubborn too allow bergistran to decide his formation whereas if he brings pellegrini in he will be more flexible. mancini out seems to me like more of a plan from bergistran to gain more control than a bad season which has too be honest nowhere near as bad as the media has made it out to be. bergistran clearly has something against mancini as since hes came in hes always seemed to be trying to force him out. that's the reason we havnt been linked with mourinho, as mourinho, like mancini, would have wanted control over how his team are going to play football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.