Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Re: Peter Fletcher and stewards

As an ex smoker of cigs I find baldmosher's comments rather funny.

I find smokers are invariably hypocritical, reprehensible, unaccommodating people when it comes to smoking, which is probably why reformed smokers are usually the worst kind of militant anti-smoker.

I find anyone who judges anyone from seeing them smoke are invariably hypocritical, reprehensible, unaccommodating people when it comes to anthing, which is probably why people like baldmosher are usuallly racist.

Does that depict you well, baldmosher? Sorry to stereotype you, but you waded in with all sort of pre-conceptions there. I thought I'd do the same to even it up a bit.

baldmosher said:
Nobody else seems to have pointed this out...

The smokers in level 1 toilets are not just breaching club policy, they are breaking the law.

(Those smoking on the spirals are probably not doing anything illegal although that may depend on your interpretation of the definition of "open space".)

The banned gentleman and his friend are technically accomplices to the other friend's crime, simply by not reporting their friend to a steward, whether they personally smoke or not. Seriously, I don't know if you could ever be charged or convicted of being an accomplice smoker, and not that I think it makes the club right to take this approach towards non-smokers (I don't), but that's the absolute truth of the matter.

Why on earth smokers can't just go 2 hours without a fag, I have no idea, but I assume they also must be unable to go on flights abroad, if they can't last an hour without a ciggie. Or maybe they smoke in the toilets on planes too. I find smokers are invariably hypocritical, reprehensible, unaccommodating people when it comes to smoking, which is probably why reformed smokers are usually the worst kind of militant anti-smoker, they must have some kind of pent-up desire to exert justice on smokers who won't get on the wagon.

Can't disagree with any of this.

baldmosher said:
Nobody else seems to have pointed this out...

The smokers in level 1 toilets are not just breaching club policy, they are breaking the law.

(Those smoking on the spirals are probably not doing anything illegal although that may depend on your interpretation of the definition of "open space".)

The banned gentleman and his friend are technically accomplices to the other friend's crime, simply by not reporting their friend to a steward, whether they personally smoke or not. Seriously, I don't know if you could ever be charged or convicted of being an accomplice smoker, and not that I think it makes the club right to take this approach towards non-smokers (I don't), but that's the absolute truth of the matter.

Why on earth smokers can't just go 2 hours without a fag, I have no idea, but I assume they also must be unable to go on flights abroad, if they can't last an hour without a ciggie. Or maybe they smoke in the toilets on planes too. I find smokers are invariably hypocritical, reprehensible, unaccommodating people when it comes to smoking, which is probably why reformed smokers are usually the worst kind of militant anti-smoker, they must have some kind of pent-up desire to exert justice on smokers who won't get on the wagon.

Mosher! LOL. I haven't used this term since I was happyslapping Slipknot fans on the Tram.

Yes, smoking in the toilets is wrong and it's selfish to those of us who want to take a piss yet not come out stinking of smoke. Ironically, 10 times worse than it was when smoking wasn't prohibited!

Who grasses their friend, though? Who grasses in general? The Club are clearly on to this because they're employing spies but, sadly, they've got this one very wrong.

Keep this going guys because this is the time we can nail Fletcher,he thinks he is above the law and as we are paying customers,contributing to his wages we need to act,otherwise he will carry on.

pride in battle said:
Keep this going guys because this is the time we can nail Fletcher,he thinks he is above the law and as we are paying customers,contributing to his wages we need to act,otherwise he will carry on.

Poznan Power!!!!

ps.. that's a good campaign name

I've finally managed to find a picture of Mr Fletcher.

Apparently this picture was taken just after he wrongly banned more City fans.(allegedly)

Gaddafi.jpg

As you can see form the photo, he has awarded himself numerous campaign medals.(the flag campaign, the ball campaign, the smoking campaign, etc)

His spokesperson reiterated that there were no problems at COMS and all the fans are happy.

Just received the weekly FSF email newsletter and guess what the main article is? Link to FSF

Fan's Blues: "Thrown out for smoking. I don't even smoke!"
8th April 2011

Last Sunday’s 5-0 Manchester City victory against Sunderland guaranteed a happy weekend for the vast majority of Blues fans. The club had strengthened its position in the Champions League places and even, for the more optimistic supporter, kept alive their title challenge.

However, one young fan left the City of Manchester Stadium feeling more than a little disgruntled after being thrown out for smoking – despite the fact he claims never to have smoked a single cigarette in his life.

17-year-old Alex Blood has been a season ticket holder since City’s Maine Road days and now sits in the East Stand. He was at last weekend’s Premier League fixture with his dad when, just after half-time, stewards approached Alex and accused him of smoking in the ground – he was then ejected from the stadium for breaking ground rules.

But Alex says this is a bad case of mistaken identity and accuses the club of arrogance in its refusal to listen to his case. He has now been banned for three matches, meaning Alex won’t see another home Premier League fixture this season and loses out on three games he’s already paid to see.

Five minutes before half-time Alex’s dad, who sits next to him, decided to head downstairs to beat the queue for a pint, Alex said he’d follow down once the first-half was over. A few minutes later the referee blew his whistle and Alex headed down to meet his dad, via a visit to the toilets. After that father and son stood chatting for five minutes before Alex saw a few of his other mates who sit elsewhere in the stand. His dad had left for the start of the second-half.

“I even offered to take a medical to see if there’s nicotine in my blood”

“Five minutes into the second-half me and two mates were stood in the concourse talking. Most people had cleared off – there was only a few about. Between five and seven stewards approached us, including a female steward who was shaking like a leaf, and said: ‘All right lads, show us your tickets and come with us - you’ve all been seen smoking.’

“We got kicked out of the stadium although I didn’t kick up a fuss as I knew I couldn’t win at that point and didn’t want any mither. So I emailed Paul Fletcher (City’s stadium and safety manager) who was no help and didn’t acknowledge my points at all, I thought that was arrogant. He wouldn’t admit they’d made a mistake and I even offered to take a medical to see if there was nicotine in my blood – I don’t smoke.”

Alex claims that Paul Fletcher also informed him that the stewards who had “saw” him smoking were different from those who kicked him out. City told Alex the stewards who reported the incident originally were dealing with “a separate matter”. Alex rightly points out that this opens the door to the possibility of mistaken identity.

“I know one of my mates definitely wouldn’t smoke, he’d never touch a cigarette ‘cos he’s wants to make it as a pro – he plays semi-pro in the Lancashire leagues now against people like Blackpool Reserves. The other one is a smoker but I’ve asked him if he was smoking anywhere and he says he wasn’t either.” Of course Alex wasn’t with his friends for the entirety of half-time but he’s adamant they did not smoke in his company.

The club wrote to him informing him of the ban – only for Alex’s mum to intercept the letter and open it before he got home from work. “It was worse getting a bollocking off my mum than City! I hadn’t told her about it and she said ‘So you smoke now, then?’ I explained it all to her and she believes me now though. It was worse getting a bollocking off my mum than City - I can always get back in City one day but once my mum kicks me out that’s it!”

Alex’s case has also grabbed the attention of City fans online with a thread on fans’ forum Blue Moon receiving more than 300 replies and 11,000 page views as of Friday 8th April. Within that thread are plenty more accusations of heavy-handed stewarding which has alienated a significant number of fans.

Earlier this season one fan was thrown out of the stadium for kicking a ball that a Reading player had hit into the crowd during the warm-up. Fellow supporters have also set up a Facebook group titled “Give Alex Blood his season ticket back” which has almost 200 members.

The FSF contacted Manchester City to discuss this case but the club were not willing to comment at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.