Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Proven or not it's banned from the ground and the stewards are tipping out the wrong fans, leaving the bad-uns inside to pollute the atmosphere. City are deceived by the stewards into thinking! "they have a good safety policy, all these evictions"... It's a joke and in time the stadium will be half full of law breakers and decent fans are put off going back after they've been banned for nothing, watching it down the pub instead.. Something has to change soon or the stewards will just carry on and Fletcher is not doing the job we pay him for. in my opinion

everytime i go toilets at HT, it's like Stars in your eyes when i walk out.

i'm always worried a steward will accidently pick me out as a smoker, especially after this bollocks about the lad getting kicked out for not doing anything.

i've seen so many stewards stand there and not do anything about it, some wade in and some don't.

one thing i have noticed is, 2 stewards go into the toilets about 10 minutes into HT checking, if they wanted to stop it that much, they would be in there before the crowd enter.

it seems it depends who you cross now in their.

dansale said:
We need an organsied approach to sort this out

Can everyone email their comments on this serious issue which is damaging our great club to

Kate.Lyndley@mcfc.co.uk

She is "assistant to the executive office" which I presume is Gary Gook's PA

-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:45 pm --

Sent this email, will see what happens :

Kate

I am writing to express my grave concern over the ongoing issue regarding the above

My brother was wrongly ejected some weeks ago for smoking despite never having smoked in his life - he has corresponded directly with the club without as yet receiving any form of acceptable reply. For clarification a letter from your hapless, clueless and incompetent head of security, Mr Fletcher, merely stating that the club never make mistakes does not constitute an acceptable reply.

Having witnessed his ejection and been party to some of the correspondence subsequent to this, I am of the opinion that the club's behaviour is more reminiscent of a secret police state from the communist era rather than a progressive football club which cares about genuine supporters

My brother has attended games regularly for the over 20 years, despite spending much of this time living in London, Newcastle and also overseas. Indeed on the day of the Notts County game when he was ejected, he had travelled from Egypt, via London, where he is working. He will not attend another game until the club accepts it made a mistake and apologises. He doesn't want any money, a training top or a free box for a day - just a simple and straight forward statement

Whilst I am concerned that my brother may not ever attend a match, I am far more concerned that the club's policy is driving away dozens of fans by the week due to similar ejections from the ground. You only have to spend 30 seconds searching on the internet forums to find a large number of disgruntled people who have similar experiences - Mr Fletchers name is a common theme

My biggest concern is that when the club becomes successful and wins silverware, which I am in no doubt will happen, there may not be many genuine supports there to see it

Can I please ask that you pass my concerns to Mr Cook and the other executives and request that the Club urgently reviews it's policy on ejections from the ground.

Regards[/i]

Email sent to Kate Lyndley expressing dismay at the incident and requesting that the club review this urgently. hope it helps

117 M34 said:
I don't see how a football ground can have a smoking area. The law is that smoking isn't allowed in any place where somebody works. If it kicked off in the smoking area, police/stewards would have to go in to sort it out and so the club would be breaking the law.

It would be impossible to have a smoking area - in theory smokers would have to stand on the Ashton Road as smoking on council land is prohibited! Smoking is prohibited in the whole Sport City complex, not just inside the ground.

Just a thought as I havent been in there, are fans allowed to smoke whilst having a pint in City Square?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
117 M34 said:
I don't see how a football ground can have a smoking area. The law is that smoking isn't allowed in any place where somebody works. If it kicked off in the smoking area, police/stewards would have to go in to sort it out and so the club would be breaking the law.

It would be impossible to have a smoking area - in theory smokers would have to stand on the Ashton Road as smoking on council land is prohibited! Smoking is prohibited in the whole Sport City complex, not just inside the ground.

Do no council properties have a smoking shelter outside for the staff who smoke?

belly2000 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Do no council properties have a smoking shelter outside for the staff who smoke?

Dont know about shelters, but outside the building is where most would go (and then stand on the footpath) and are then off council property.

So at City, being 'off council property'' means going onto the Ashton Road

If every one stuck to the rules and didn't Smoke in the ground Swp80 would still av his season card and wouldn't be going through all this shit! Think of other people being wrongly thrown out before you think about smoking! why cant they last 2 hours without a cig? Get a patch for the day if ur that desperate for the nicotine!

Peter Fletcher is wrong also! Mestakes happen he SHOULD LISTEN and take each fans complaint individually! Someone in this type of job needs compassion and better communication skills! What I'm hearing he does NOT!

It's quite a funny definition, in theory the council owns most roads in any town, however, they are not allowed to ban smoking in an area that the law says it is allowed (i.e. a park or on the street) they can ask you not to smoke, but can not force you by legal means.

Inside the ground it's another matter, I beleive this is a problem at most football stadiums nowadays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.