PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Love FFP. Benefits City more than anyone else.

Clubs who tried to put us in a straightjacket, didn't legislate for Pep making City the huge force we are, nor tying their own hands behind their backs.

I look forward tomorrow when Masters and Parry go in front of Ministers to explain why they haven't reached a financial arrangement with the Football League.

Popcorn TV.
Yes. We pleaded with them. We warned them. We knew FFP was bad for football. We did not want it. They didn't listen. The club's voted it in and their fans offered no resistance. Now it benefits us. Now they are crying. Well I say "fuck em". You're not getting any sympathy from me. I hope FFP screws every club that voted for it.

Not the point I am making. I am not defending the extremist elements in places like Saudi just pointing out the hypocrisy of the western media. For example the UK and US have now started bombing Houthi rebels in the Yemen. When the Saudi and UAE forces did this there was an outcry over here with the usual suspects blaming it all on Sheikh Mansour.
It's a false equivalence.

I see an awful LOT of opposition fans, football fans in general, harping on about how the PL is fixed, full of cheats, corrupt etc...

The PL really are shooting themselves in the foot.

Feels like ffp is unravelling but only because the clubs that voted for it are now being screwed by it.

The more clubs that fail ffp while the red tops avoid it the more the anger towards ffp and red tops will grow

Feels like ffp is unravelling but only because the clubs that voted for it are now being screwed by it.

The more clubs that fail ffp while the red tops avoid it the more the anger towards ffp and red tops will grow
Or even better- teams are failing and being put at risk for point deductions while Man United breach and suffer only a $250K fine.

I’m hopeful that clubs are waking up to understand their interests have never been aligned with the redtops.

Or even better- teams are failing and being put at risk for point deductions while Man United breach and suffer only a $250K fine.

I’m hopeful that clubs are waking up to understand their interests have never been aligned with the redtops.
Different governing body

Yes. We pleaded with them. We warned them. We knew FFP was bad for football. We did not want it. They didn't listen. The club's voted it in and their fans offered no resistance. Now it benefits us. Now they are crying. Well I say "fuck em". You're not getting any sympathy from me. I hope FFP screws every club that voted for it.
Especially those that pushed for this in the first place..a nice bit of karma ..

Did I hear earlier tooday that FFP is going to be scrapped? Is that because u***ed are in the shit and going to get taken over to enable them to outbid every other club without any restrictions just like the 'good old days' ??? !!! Or if true is it just a coincidence........

Exactly. The reputational damage is more than enough. If certain charges are deemed time-barred & we're found guilty of non-compliance, it's job done.

Our reputation will have been besmirched, with our opposition claiming we got away with the bulk of the breaches on statute of limitations technicalities.

Bastards!
i do think the penny is starting to drop with some opposition fans. I met Geordies before and after the game on Saturday in the pub and on the train and they were all great. They have seen the FFP farce in all its true colours. They all appeared to have a deep hatred of Arsenal (because of diving and time-wasting); United (because they lead the cartel); and Liverpool (because the scouse fanbase causes trouble everytime they play Newcastle apparently).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.