PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’ve heard the 20 points rumour from a completely independent source, a corporate lawyer, not practicing in sport. He was at a social in London where a lawyer who has represented other PL clubs and PL players was talking after a few glasses of truth serum had been consumed. He said the PL offered a £50m fine plus 20 point deduction because the IC is completely overwhelmed by the volume and strength of City’s written submissions to the Panel. The offer got the response it deserved. Simon Jordan and Nick Harris are now saying a settlement is on the cards. Sounds like the PL are on the run, they have absolutely botched this and Masters will probably resign first, during the summer. The PL are banking on the constant negative PR forcing City into a settlement, Khaldoon said never again and he meant it. We have taken this shite for years now, we collectively must not buckle one iota. Keep fighting Blues !

This is nothing to do with what the resident Arsenal fan is posting but as a point of principle I would stop match going after over 60 years if the club took any sort of punishment by agreement. They have to fight it until the end regardless of any perceived risks.

I'd rather watch us in the North West Counties League having fought to the bitter end rather than the club accepting even a two point penalty.

I’ve heard the 20 points rumour from a completely independent source, a corporate lawyer, not practicing in sport. He was at a social in London where a lawyer who has represented other PL clubs and PL players was talking after a few glasses of truth serum had been consumed. He said the PL offered a £50m fine plus 20 point deduction because the IC is completely overwhelmed by the volume and strength of City’s written submissions to the Panel. The offer got the response it deserved. Simon Jordan and Nick Harris are now saying a settlement is on the cards. Sounds like the PL are on the run, they have absolutely botched this and Masters will probably resign first, during the summer. The PL are banking on the constant negative PR forcing City into a settlement, Khaldoon said never again and he meant it. We have taken this shite for years now, we collectively must not buckle one iota. Keep fighting Blues !
You spoke to that lawyer? Face to face?

Well yes Masters is trying to do a deal - but the rumour at our end is very definately that, as there is no actual evidence, just the equivalent of hearsay, that City have told Masters to shove the deal up where the sun doesn't shine.
You only need to look at the confidence of various City board members when interviewed that the PL case is in deep, deep trouble.
6 emails taken out-of-context from over 3 million does NOT a strong legal case make.
One has to wonder why Masters and the PL brought the maximum possible charges forward?
The answer, of course, is they were forced to by the Cartel clubs that run English football.
It is worth remembering that Ceferin offered a deal from UEFA, not once but twice. City sent him away with a flea in his ear. We were innocent and refused to ‘take a pinch’.

You assume a 20 point deduction & you also assume that we could make that back up and still qualify for the CL, what you've not allowed for in this assumption is how the manager & players will take the punishment after being lied to about our innocence.

Or how the fans would take that. See for example the post above.

Which I mostly agree with for the record, all or nothing for me.

That's it, right there.

I don't have any issue with musings on the concept of 'a deal'. Some blues have at times suggested similar. Or speculating the number of points deducted, or even assuming we are fucked, or guilty, and would accept a slap on the wrist significant enough to please others, just to move on. I don't agree, but I have no issue with it, it is fair game.

But that reveal, of 'we all know you are guilty and got away with it once', by misrepresenting the uefa case, that's irretrievable now. The genie is out the bottle, and it ain't going back in. The rest really is now completely meaningless.

As I said previously, you have to be either a complete moron, or have an agenda, to have that 'take' on it. I had maybe been giving him more credit assuming it is just the agenda, but the more he says the more I am beginning to think it is maybe a bit of both.
Funny how he is not responding to any of that but happy to drone on about point deductions .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.