PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Lots of cases get settled out of court with no publicity. Very few go the whole way.
Your right and maybe we will except another pinch. Somehow I think the establishment want their pound of flesh this time and this could go all the way to the Lords.

So, genuinely speaking, and I know it's hard to sum up in few words but on a scale of 1-10... 1 being sunshine and farts and 10 being royally fucked... Where do we sit, do folk reckon?

I admittedly may be ignorant to the details but I've found myself not a bit worried. Rag cunts, including the boss who's convinced we're guilty... Peddling the myth of the Shiekh buying tickets to fudge the attendance.

I apologise in advance in case this has all been raised and answered many times, but I am confused and would welcome any clarification. On the face of it there are two strands, one to do with playing by the rules of UEFA and EPL, and the other to do with illegal activity.
The EPL and UEFA deal with the "club" rules, in particular FFP . The EPL has local oversight of clubs to ensure that owners are fit and proper persons, that stadiums are safe, secure areas and that fans' behaviour is acceptable, and so on - all right and proper.
As I understand it FFP was raised by UEFA and the matter settled, so that goes out of the window. So far as I am aware EPL is not grousing about the state of the stadium, nor questioning the ability of the owners to run a football club.
If, in the course of its years long investigation, the EPL came across evidence of illegal practice this would, surely, have had to be passed on to HMRC and the police. This hasn't happened, has it?
So, in the end, what is this about? If I am revealing depths of ignorance and naivety and thereby offending the City faithful I shall simply plead senility and hope to get off with a warning.

So, genuinely speaking, and I know it's hard to sum up in few words but on a scale of 1-10... 1 being sunshine and farts and 10 being royally fucked... Where do we sit, do folk reckon?

I admittedly may be ignorant to the details but I've found myself not a bit worried. Rag cunts, including the boss wjosyconvinced we're guilty... Peddling the myth of the Shiekh buying tickets to fudge the attendance.
No more than a two. A small fine for not complying with their investigation.

Your right and maybe we will except another pinch. Somehow I think the establishment want their pound of flesh this time and this could go all the way to the Lords.
My comment was referring to a possible defamation action by City against the Daily Mail not the whole PL case. I agree with your point though. I think the PL battle is going all the way.

In the local now for a throw. City shirt on, no bites yet. Enough voltarol on my back to put down a rhino so I'm hoping for a quiet one.
Voltero is rubbish, couldn't bring an ant down!

Think you'll have to rely on the alcohol for pain relief.

No, I'm more of the opinion that we probably did some dodgy stuff, but it's impossible for the PL to prove unless they have a source of evidence we don't know about. Stefan mentioned a whistleblower in the Twitter conference yesterday, I'm thinking more like they've been handed the full trove of leaked documents.

A while back when der Spiegel did one of their drops they brought up the Mancini case as one that was part of the PL investigation. It stood out to me at the time because at that point there had been no recent mention of it in the British press. So I thought it was just BS.The likes of Harris then started including it in their stuff as a matter of fact.

So it makes me think you might be right but obviously I hope you are wrong about the full trove of documents being with the PL. I do know that at one point Pinto/DerS did offer the leaked docs to UEFA but UEFA declined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.