PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I watched the news last night and the situation with Everton was being discussed. The reporter mentioned City and Chelsea as much as he mentioned Everton. What’s the situation with City? Will they or could they be deducted points too? The bbc **** seemed to be getting sexually aroused at the prospect of City getting it tighter than Everton. Can anybody give me a steer about where we you see City with this stuff and if there is anything to worry about? Ta

Club says completely innocent.

PL say appears quite guilty, big punishment looms.

Mibbes aye, mibbe naw. Stay tuned.

It's all very surreal currently.

Has a panel actually been selected? If so, has it sat yet? If it has sat have any charges been dismissed or not?

In a court case with multiple charges very often one or more will be withdrawn by the prosecution. This happened in the first Mendy trial for instance. Is the process we are in so secretive that nothing can be revealed until everything can be?

Can't believe it's our fault Everton have had points deducted, what a bunch of cunts we are..

Football, as we know it was confined to the dustbin the minute the PL was created

Yep, when Sky reinvented football in 1992 they brought in corporate greed to be sustained by income from their self-appointed Sky4. Move on to 30 years later and the expectancy and entitlement of these 4 Clubs is an ongoing embarrassment to the game we grew up with. No wonder they're fawned over by the disgusting knuckle-draggers in the media. In today's "post-truth" society, never ever underestimate the influence of the media.

This is what I cannot understand and what worries me. Why would they bring charges as serious as these unless they had compelling evidence and had taken legal advice beforehand
It used to be the case that to allege fraud in a civil law suit required stringent conditions to be met before the case even started (can’t remember the details as it’s years since I was in practice) but I think Counsel (barrister) had to sign off or something like that.
I wonder if it is the utmost good faith aspect on which they are pinning their case - a technicality. Specifically information that is not necessarily required to be disclosed in financial accounts for say tax purposes or shareholders must be disclosed under utmost good faith provision and hence our decision not to disclose documents that we considered were not relevant for commercial accounting.
The alternative is that the Premier League have rushed out the charges without objective legal advice beforehand and/or a full consideration of the consequences - which would indicate a staggering lack of competence and professionalism on their part.
The media Tower of Babel is in full swing because of the Everton case even though it has no bearing whatsoever on City’s case. The position re City is no more or no less of concern than it was last week and the pundits continue to demonstrate their utter idiocy when they bay for the case to be heard soon, or City should be punished, without having any knowledge whatsoever of the background details.
Also when Pep was asked about it shortly after the charges were released he said, as I recall, words to the effect of who am I going to believe, these people (Levy et al) or my people. I chose my people. He also said if the club were lying to him he would have left, or will leave and that (if they lied) the club hierarchy would no longer “be my friends”. I cannot imagine for a second that our chairman and exec. board would lie to Pep.
Thanks to the likes of PB I remain fairly optimistic but Stefan is correct when he says if guilty, City face very serious sanctions but as others have said it’s a massive if.
Oh for the days when we just watched the football

The Times reckon it's at least another two years before our case comes to a conclusion.

Who's starting the sweep for how many pages in this thread before decision day?
When Pep leaves then?

Looks like the "investigation" might be extended if he doesn't...

Last edited:
Seen what happened last season after the allegations first surfaced. What they, Premier League and opposition fans, don't want to be doing is poking us. We're like Bruce Banner before he changes into the Hulk. They won't like us when we're angry. At the moment they are really pissing us off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.