PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Thank you Sir, a very enjoyable hour and I know a little more, Mr Harris appeared to be out of his depth on several occasions.
In fairness to Harris, I had no issue with his behaviour on this podcast. He was giving his opinion and making points and doing so in a largely non-inflammatory manner. If he could bring this attitude across into his social media posts, instead of the sensationalist nonsense he spews to garner clicks and likes from the red mafia, he actually might almost be worth listening to on this subject.

PSR, he said that they need to make 100 million profit this season and seems unachievable because sales must be made before the end of June and that isn't going to happen.
Profit is the key thing meaning to maximise they sell academy players to make the most profit. The ones they bought last season will only be one fraction off their amortisation value, eg Paid 100m / 5 years; book value of 80 and because they overpaid they are unlikely to get any value. Crucially other clubs know it so will push them into July so any revenue will be in net years accounts

Last edited:
Ok, cheers. Yeah, it's a huge ask. I suppose if they had something akin to a fire sale then it would be possible but I think they'd actually be better off keeping most of their squad intact and taking whatever hit comes their way
Seems that was the plan expecting a fine but, since the Neverton debacle thier arses will have gone

In fairness to Harris, I had no issue with his behaviour on this podcast. He was giving his opinion and making points and doing so in a largely non-inflammatory manner. If he could bring this attitude across into his social media posts, instead of the sensationalist nonsense he spews to garner clicks and likes from the red mafia, he actually might almost be worth listening to on this subject.
I thought the same. Although he is wrong most of the time he spoke , he came across alright. Makes his tweets and behavior on that platform even more strange

£100 million a year from Etihad will get some piss boiling and probably why the Premier League are trying to change the rules on related parties. If you look at it Etihad are getting very good exposure from their association from the club, they are posting record profits so why can’t they throw some extra money City’s way in sponsorships.
It will but then much like has no doubt already happened with previous deals, it will then be used in benchmarking to get the red cartel a bigger deal from their sponsors.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the likes of United have been in the PLs ear moaning that there’s no way City were worth X amount to sponsor. While also being in the ear of their own sponsors saying “well City get this and therefore we should get more”. It must be great being able to play both sides.

Actually thought Harris was reasonable and polite , but startling that he didn’t understand the concept of a settlement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.