PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That mindset is a product of the reputational damage that the PL and media have inflicted upon City. No logic of 'innocent until proven guilty' has been applied to our situation, to many the official outcome is now irrelevant.

Obviously I sincerely hope we're cleared, but I also hope the response from City is significant in terms of compensation sought for the damage done to the reputation of the club.

But is there any reputational damage ?

Worldwide City are growing fast City dont seem to have trouble attracting sponsors. Only the other month Kellogg's came on board. All our sponsors are big worldwide companies. The sponsors dont seem worried about the 115 and nor do City

I think people forget that the press/media in the uk are a very very small cog in a huge wheel. City are working the world stage not little old England and its toxic press/media.

Our press/media still think they are big players with lots of clout they arent. They are little sprats in a little rock pool and City are the big fish in the big sea lol.

All this is going on as the pl eats itself, trying to protect the red's tops +1, wanting to screw of the other clubs plus the football pyramid.
Are press/media should be fighting to save our game instead they are in bed with the American clubs.

I think it's unfair asking a fan to talk about the 115 when in reality 99% don't have the legal capabilities to back the club up. We won't win the emotional argument on this subject in any debate. You could hear what Steve was getting at, he just doesn't have that legal edge to make the hammer blow. Fair play to him though for holding is own.

Next time the Overlap is on Steve should bring Stefan with him.

They will all soon realise they are listening to somebody way and above their pay grade in regards to FFP and have very little response, and then you will have Steve to drop the sauce on the other clubs if need be.

Well done to Steve I would have lumped that knobhead rag

You are hitting the nail on the head regards public services like water and the utility companies. At the moment there is a campaign started a couple of years ago in Windermere and surrounding lakes about the obscene amount of sewage going into Englands largest lake. Over the last couple of years there has been an explosion of green algae in Lake Windermere making it unsafe to swim in, all fish below the discharge pipes are dead or have nothing to feed on as the amount of untreated sewage kills everything they feed on, making the stream or waterway unable to sustain life. At the moment the regulator is turning a blind eye to this pollution in one of Englands crown jewels. Hopefully this campaign group can turn Windermere into something like Lake Annecy, France which was like Windermere is now 20 years ago, but is now one of the cleanest lakes in Europe. The regulator here is considered, by their lack of involvement and testing, which is their job, to be a major part of the problem and as you say "part of the asylum". I agree wholeheartedly with your comment the PL can't regulate themselves but I am wary that a government appointed regulator will be a fair and honest regulator, as my opinion is the water regulator seems to let the utility companies regulate and test their own sewage discharges. I am afraid that the regulator will let the usual culprits run the show. Sorry if the Windermere reference was a little off topic for this thread;-)
Its a great example mate. Sadly, its not just Windermere. Every English river is being poisoned while the regulator looks the other way. Even jewels in the crown like the Test and the Wye. Years and years of conservation and protecting our precious wildlife undone by corporate greed and political ineptitude.

Didn’t realise it was a cult. Sorry for giving a fuck about people who watched the club through thick and thin but are now being priced out in their thousands.
that happens in all walks of life i'd love to go to concerts but price counts me out i love to go to cornwall again but price rules me out and yes with two lads football is expensive

The talk that there are senior people in other clubs expecting City to be cleared of charges is interesting as non of the main stream media want to run with it as it’s a bad news story. With our departing COO going to Old Trafford to be CEO this must be coming from United. Radcliffe seems to want a better relationship with City than what’s happened in the past. It’s weird they’ve also voted with City rather than Liverpool on distribution of funds to the football league. The rags want something, I’d hazard a guess it’s our ground whilst the swamp is being demolished.
My gut feeling is that things are changing at Old Trafford. I have been told that Ratcliffe is a pragmatist in his business dealings. Despite his comments about knocking City of our perch he knows that United have wasted too much energy trying to sabotage City off the field and need to reduce the influence of people like Gill and Ferguson who have been happy to lap up personal riches from the Glazers while United declined as a club.
By now Ratcliffe also knows how weak the PL case is against City and wants to distance United from the whole shit-show. For starters the private poisonous media briefings from United about City seem to have dried up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.