Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

When I first heard it was 8 weeks I was relieved but now actually feel gutted and annoyed by that cynical tackle of Yanga-Mbiwa which should have been a straight red and has robbed us of one of our most important players for such a crucial period of the season. Nasri has been brilliant this season with his goals , assists, hard work, and skilful passing. I only hope Navas, Milner and Jovetic (if we ever see him) can cover for his absence. With Nasri, Yaya and Silva all on top form I think we could beat anyone and go close in all 4 competitons. Just hope he comes back better than ever.

[/quote]He got a yellow when it happened so nothing will happen.[/quote]

Incorrect
The rules have change. The FA can review the yellow card and upgrade to a red if they seem fit
The lad at Fulham was the first to be upgraded to a red for his stamp on jizzjag

On the whole, I'm happy for the player, since he should at least be able to participate in the World Cup. Knee injuries are always serious, and it's hard to know if he'll be able to play much of a part in our title run, and in truth, it will be very hard since our team will want to get him in as quickly as possible while he (rightly) will want to be sure he is fit to ensure he can play this summer and for the rest of his career. Although we pay his wages and they are considerable, i think it is natural that the WC is a major goal for a player. Missing it would have really affected him mentally.

He got a yellow when it happened so nothing will happen.[/quote]

Incorrect
The rules have change. The FA can review the yellow card and upgrade to a red if they seem fit
The lad at Fulham was the first to be upgraded to a red for his stamp on jizzjag[/quote]

A calculated and blatant assault that has resulted in a serious injury,surely the FA have a duty to reconsider the inadequate punishment of a caution?

If it was possible id' have the cnut arrested for ABH,all the evidence is there......an unnecessary and intentional kick which was likely to cause injury.

I'll always see that club through different eyes from now on - wankers!

"Lee Harvey Oswald made a bit of a rash decision to take three shots at The President and obviously the third one has proved a bit fatal. But the boy is not like that and we hope Mr Kennedy accepts Lee's apology."

"In the heat of the moment, Lord Lucan has overreacted a bit and murdered the nanny. But anyone who knows Lucky will tell you that he is a good honest pro and this is completely out of character for the lad. He is obviously gutted that the girl has picked up a bit of a knock but these things happen from time to time … that's marriage."

"He made a point in his mind that he didn't want him to get away, and he was a bit rash in that challenge. He is not like that, though, and I hope Nasri is OK."

stan bowles said:
When I first heard it was 8 weeks I was relieved but now actually feel gutted and annoyed by that cynical tackle of Yanga-Mbiwa which should have been a straight red and has robbed us of one of our most important players for such a crucial period of the season. Nasri has been brilliant this season with his goals , assists, hard work, and skilful passing. I only hope Navas, Milner and Jovetic (if we ever see him) can cover for his absence. With Nasri, Yaya and Silva all on top form I think we could beat anyone and go close in all 4 competitons. Just hope he comes back better than ever.
Yup, pretty much this. If we had Jovetic available I'd be less concerned, but I don't believe there's a cat in hell's chance of that happening this season. Nasri and Silva constitute 90% of our creativity, and I would be very uncomfortable relying on just Silva for the next two months, particularly given the number of games we've got coming up and the likelihood of them becoming increasingly attritional affairs. Merlin has a history of muscle injuries with us, and I think we should certainly look to get someone else in, be it a loan signing or a long term permanent deal. Getting someone of the requisite standard though at this stage of the season would be very difficult. The best I can think of domestically and who might be available to us (and he's not in the same league as Silva or Nas) is Ravel Morrison, but I seem to recall he needed to get out of Manchester for his own good not so long ago.

8 weeks is better than expected and hopefully he will have a speedy recovery,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.