Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Needs a bit of rest and it's a good job Vinny is back as neither he Navas or Milner were the ones who have not been rotated during the Christmas period.

I never saw hin im Porto. Hi's a big liability at the back. Demi is so much better. I would have him on the bench for the rest of the season. Maybe play him against barca beacause of his speed*

* more speed than demi....

I think it's fair to say that he has yet to live up to his price tag.

Hopefully he will get better the more he plays. He is bullied way to easily by big centre forwards.

I'm in no doubt the lad has potential, as he has showcased already this season.

I'm also in no doubt he will be a quality CB at the club for quite sometime.

However, I don't give a flying fuck about potential and previous form when it comes to rating his last performance; they're irrelevant.

If his most recent and relevant performance is great, I'll praise him. Conversely, if it's shite and I'll say so.

Today he was poor, simple as. HE is not shit BUT his PERFORMANCE was not far off it

"Oh, but what about all his good performances you're conveniently forgetting?"

Stop, just stop.

Kun Aguero said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Mangala is no better than Richards , he sometimes defends like a bull in a china shop , and doesnt think about the game , very much like Richards , but lets hope mangala improves and learns from MDM & Vinny. Richards downfall was after 5 seasons he didnt improve and didnt learn ,and he believed the hype around him and his nice fat contract

You fucking drunk?

your being abusive , perhaps you cant handle your beer.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Kun Aguero said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Mangala is no better than Richards , he sometimes defends like a bull in a china shop , and doesnt think about the game , very much like Richards , but lets hope mangala improves and learns from MDM & Vinny. Richards downfall was after 5 seasons he didnt improve and didnt learn ,and he believed the hype around him and his nice fat contract

You fucking drunk?

your being abusive , perhaps you cant handle your beer.

Not drinking fella, my mistake I could have sworn you wrote Vinny is no better than Richards.

Sorry.

How many times do new players at City, particularly those from abroad, have to be lambasted before we realise they need to be given time?

oldius said:
How many times do new players at City, particularly those from abroad, have to be lambasted before we realise they need to be given time?

Its the world we live in mate. Instant gratification, the new fans don't help.

I'm not impressed so far. There've been a couple of sound performances but he looks well overpriced at £32m and it's not like he's a young lad learning he game.

He is new to the league though so, naturally, it will take him some time to get used to it. But he's had a good run in the team now and he should be getting his head around it and his body used to it, and hopefully he can bring something more into games from now on.

oldius said:

It's a fair point but by the same token you can't always assume someone will come good just because someone else did.

Some players do and some don't. We have plenty of examples in both camps. We have to hope that at £32m he does.

I am torn at the moment. Can see some signs in some games but he looks sloppy as fuck in others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.