Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

FWIW, his price tag has nothing to do with him. That was between the clubs. City desperately needed a new CB and Porto bent us over. However, let's not forget that United paid that for Wio over a decade ago.

GaudinoMotors said:
For 30m you'd have thought he was already the real deal or had the intelligence and temperament to show signs of adapting.
An uncut diamond or fools gold? Need to wait and see unfortunately.

Fantastic song.

I think that we are going to have to accept that he is going to have some iffy games as he gets used to the premier league, i still think he will make it good and turn out to be a rock. However i would be inclined to take him out of the firing line for a few games as Vinny and MDM work well together.

I remember when everyone slated vinny... I know it was midfield but we could of got rid without giving him a chance to prove how good he was, wherever he played

Thought he was ok today, never easy against a player like Lukaku - he's made our defenders look silly plenty of times in the past.

I thought he panicked slightly at times today, due to the conditions, and just tried to hoof it but can't blame him on that score.

The time he got turned in the first half was no big deal as he showed Lukaku outside on to weaker foot but he could have done better in the second half when it was pretty obvious that Lukaku was going on to his left boot.

He doesn't look a £30m+ player does he?We must have realised he wasn't the finished article when we signed him. With the investment that we have made we have to give him as much time as he needs to settle, but the signs are not good at the moment.

jaigurugoat said:
He doesn't look a £30m+ player does he?We must have realised he wasn't the finished article when we signed him. With the investment that we have made we have to give him as much time as he needs to settle, but the signs are not good at the moment.
Who has declared the kid was £30m? MCFC have never said the price, neither have Porto.

spacecadet said:
jaigurugoat said:
Who has declared the kid was £30m? MCFC have never said the price, neither have Porto.

What was the fee then?

Played alright 1st half then in the 2 nd half just lost all composure. Started making bad decisions and panicked nearly every time the ball come to him.
Needs to learn to play under pressure and get upto speed with the intensity of the game. I think he will improve the more games he plays.

We had a £30m striker who competed against a £30m defender and the defender came out on top today.

Well done Mangala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.