Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

argyle said:
Thought he was terrible last year for Porto and questioned why on earth we were paying that much for him.

He's done nothing that makes me thing I was wrong. He even lacks the basics.

I don't know about lacking the basics, but I saw him play a lot for Porto last year and he was bloody awful.

Steps back too much when he should make the tackle and commits a lot of fouls when he tries to make the tackle. From what he's shown at city he's no better than even nastasic.

Kun Aguero said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Kun Aguero said:
You fucking drunk?

your being abusive , perhaps you cant handle your beer.

Not drinking fella, my mistake I could have sworn you wrote Vinny is no better than Richards.

Sorry.

apology accepted , could be posting Micah is better than Vinny about midnight ,a few John Smiths & Hennessy chasers , should do the trick :)

citymad said:
oldius said:
How many times do new players at City, particularly those from abroad, have to be lambasted before we realise they need to be given time?

Its the world we live in mate. Instant gratification, the new fans don't help.

Red herrings. Too much wishful thinking when it comes to Eli. Think we'll be back in the market next summer, regrettably.

thesilvalining said:
Steps back too much when he should make the tackle and commits a lot of fouls when he tries to make the tackle. From what he's shown at city he's no better than even nastasic.

No better than Nasty? Nowhere near as good in the eyes of many. But we've spent a fortune on him and it looks like we're going to pay a very heavy price just to prove he isn't good enough.

Red herrings. Too much wishful thinking when it comes to Eli. Think we'll be back in the market next summer, regrettably.[/quote]

I'm sure the same was said about others such as Demichaelis oh and Silva of course.

For 30m you'd have thought he was already the real deal or had the intelligence and temperament to show signs of adapting.
An uncut diamond or fools gold? Need to wait and see unfortunately.

BigOscar said:
SebastianBlue said:
He did some things well but his positioning and marking was very poor (especially the second half)—if not for Joe's heroics Lukaku would have scored two after beating Mangala for both.

I'm also very surprised no one has brought up how many times he needlessly gave away posssession with bad touches and passes. I counted at least three attempted passes from just on the edge of our box that went straight to an Everton player and three attempted clearances that also found the nearest man in a deep blue shirt. I know it is not something people usually like to focus on with a defender but if he does that against Real, Barça, Bayern, or Chelsea they are going to score at least half those chances as our entire defense are then immediately on the backfoot.

Again, I am sure he will improve but he absolutely needs to stop making those glaring errors.
Heroics? He made two pretty decent, routine saves from narrow angles that you'd be hugely dissapointed if any top flight keeper let in. He's the bloody keeper, it's not "heroics" to make a save or two a game ffs, it's his fucking job.

Today's Red Herring Award goes to...

I slated Demichellis early last season and he turned out ok so far this season Mangala as been the same but so long as I have an hole in my arse he aint gonna turn out the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.