Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its down to villa this rethink they must be selling others or the manager promise something and it never come off but villa and there fans are up in arms about it but for me its the club (villa) who are the one the fans should be looking at

I feel for the Genuine Villa fans but the victims who have come on Talkshite this morning have made my day.

Fabian had plenty of injury problems in his first few years at Villa Park (but has been clear for most of the last three seasons). Maybe Villa should have offered Delph higher wages to temp him to agree to a higher release clause - but they may have been nervous about his past injury record.

Delph had been on £30k to £35k a week before he signed the contract six months ago so he may have been taken a bit for granted by Villa.

At the end of the day Delph honoured his contract, as eg Micah and Milner did!

Well I didn't really want him but then I did. He was in pretty much the same position wasn't he ?

Welcome Fabian !

also why did not villa have him sign a new contract and change the get out clause after the last offer from city and change of mind to stay at villa

Delph realised he had fcucked up by not joining City (initially) by Wednesday night. There probably wasn't the time between the weekend and Wednesday to convince to Delph to extend his Villa contract. Villa may also have taken Delph's "loyalty" for granted that quickly backfired.

Welcome Delph....hope your not as much a softarse as your indecision makes you seem...

surely an offer from city warrants an immediate yes

*shakes head in bewilderment*
A bit unfair. He has just had two life changing events in the matter of weeks—we've all been stuck between to minds in lesser situations so I think he deserves a little understanding.

We tend to forget professional athletes are human and seem to hold them to a far, far higher standard then we do ourselves. It does not excuse the poor choices they make, by any means, but they're no different than the bad decisions you and I have made... Except perhaps their's are nearly always under far more scrutiny by far more people.

I for one think he is a great addition and will prove his critics wrong in the coming years. To me he looks a player that will grow when surrounded by high level talent, something he has never had before.

Last edited:
A bit unfair. He has just had two life changing events in the matter of weeks—we've all been stuck between to minds in lesser situations so I think he deserves a little understanding.

We tend to forget professional athletes are human and seem to hold them to a far, far higher standard then we do ourselves. It does not excuse the poor choices they make, by any means, but they're no different than the bad decisions you and I have made... Except perhaps there's are nearly always under far more scrutiny by far more people.

I for one think he is a great addition and will prove his critics wrong in the coming years. To me he looks a player that will grow when surrounded by high level talent, something he has never had before.

+1.

After reading what his reasons were for staying originally before changing his mind I think he's made a brave, but no doubt correct decision.
The fee paid, the position he plays, the HG quota and the fact he's a better player than Fernando makes this a no brainer for us.
I still expect him to be a squad player, but definitely an upgrade on the squad fillers we've gone for in the past.
Good luck and welcome to our wonderful club.

Love that Micah convinced him, true blue there
I don't think Micah will have been happy with the rumour that he'd helped to convince Delph to stay, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's worded Delph to put the record straight. As for Delph himself, it must be a wrench to leave a club that's been good to you, where you maybe feel like you're letting your team-mates and fans down, so that maybe explains his initial decision. However, the opportunity he's been handed here was just too good to turn down and I'll bet his mobile was alive with friends and family telling him what a dick he'd been. One of those decisions that could have left him looking back on his football career and thinking what might have been if he'd made the move. In the end he's made the right decision and now it's up to him to prove he belongs. I back him to do it as well.

I'm by no means an ITK, but following up on several mentions yesterday that the lad had failed his medical last week, I've been told that it is true that he did indeed fail "our" medical, but that our medicals demand a much higher standard than other clubs.

Essentially, he met the standard that most clubs would demand, and it is in fact city who have had the change of heart, deciding to take a punt on an £8m signing who only "failed" by a fine margin.

Don't shoot the messenger, as I say, I'm just passing on what I've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.