Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. Lots of people spinning this as a sign that Corbyn has been a roaring success. I'm of the mind that if there had been a credible opponent May would have been utterly battered. Mind you, she wouldn't have called the election if anyone else had been opposition leader. Either way, May has been exposed as an utter fucking joke.

mocked in PMQ's every time he spoke, half of his party wanted him out not that long ago, Tory supporters cheering his reappointment, the right wing smear from the Murdoch empire... and May announcing this election to put the final nail in his coffin

dam right this a success for Corbyn

mocked in PMQ's every time he spoke, half of his party wanted him out not that long ago, Tory supporters cheering his reappointment, the right wing smear from the Murdoch empire... and May announcing this election to put the final nail in his coffin

dam right this a success for Corbyn
Is that not the crux of it though. I'm a member and have been vehemently opposed to JC, it cannot be denied the result is an unequivocally successful one given the expectation, but we have still lost. We should be aiming to win elections not limit damage.

First time he has had the air time in the media to show he is a principled man, who is actually able to debate his point of view. People liked him. May was the opposite.

Is that not the crux of it though. I'm a member and have been vehemently opposed to JC, it cannot be denied the result is an unequivocally successful one given the expectation, but we have still lost. We should be aiming to win elections not limit damage.

no way Labour could ever have won this by a majority

Maybot to form a coalition of choas with a terrorist organisation.

My Irony meter has exploded.

The Labour party still need to win the middle ground, however they are now seen as a genuine alternative to the misery of the conservative policies. Not sure when the next election will be but they are now seen as credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.