Post Match Thread: Kiev 1 - 3 City

Only seen one Utd game this year so can't comment about their performances. Not sure if the long lay off had an impact on Kiev or not. However, it would be unwise to believe that they are anything other than a very ordinary team. Fair play to the lads for putting them to the sword in a ruthless fashion but lets not get carried away. The next two games will be a much tougher proposition and we will need to produce performances on par with last nights.

Probably a bit better but they are capable of it.

Only seen one Utd game this year so can't comment about their performances. Not sure if the long lay off had an impact on Kiev or not. However, it would be unwise to believe that they are anything other than a very ordinary team. Fair play to the lads for putting them to the sword in a ruthless fashion but lets not get carried away. The next two games will be a much tougher proposition and we will need to produce performances on par with last nights.

I know we shouldn't get carried away, but weve been that bad for so long, a decent performance and a great win makes it very hard not to get carried away.

Very well done the Blues and Pellers!
Perfect result that leaves a 2nd leg at home where City and the fans may celebrate some history.
Ah, but don't forget to boooo UEFA :)

So important for David and Yaya to score! Great to see them having some fun again!!
We have seen a true team and it was fun watching them.

Great for Pellers to stop pundits and media talking about the Fa cup lineup. A defeat yesterday would have been some wankfest.
Now they have earned some calm days to prepare and concentrate on the big day at Wembley.

Could have been a turning point for the season as the tight domestic cup schedule is - nearly - over now, players return from injury and the team has shown it's alive and hungry. And PL history has shown it would be a mistake writing off City too early.

Doesn't look too bad right now.

Can't agree with that. Clichy making an occasional mistake & being beaten by a good player is one thing but he went completely to shite & invited the opposition into the game, by making elementary stupid mistakes, as did Otamendi. One instance for example, they hit a ball over the top & Ciichy just ran underneath it, leaving his opponent goal side with the ball. Just completely missed a simple ball. All hell broke loose from then on.

For a spell of about ten minutes, Clichy & Otamendi were the biggest threat to City winning the game. Prior to that, both were great & ok later too.

But you just can't allow yourself to drop to that level.

It's a funny thing. At half time, I turned to a mate and said, "Clichy's having an impeccable game, isn't he?" About a quarter of an hour into the second half, I said, glumly, "That was a mistake to say that about Clichy".
With ref. to the RTE commentary. We know damn well that one good performance doesn't make up for the dross that's been played this season. People were virtually conceding the title to us in mid-September, and here we are in fourth place, fighting to keep in the qualifying group for the CL. But all we'd like is a bit of generous appreciation for the match that's played on the night. I've never subscribed to the agenda theory, but it is amazing how ungenerous the 'pundits' are towards us.And it is habitual. And yes, they would have been jizzing themselves if that had been the rags, Liverpool, or Arsenal.

Last edited:
I've been critical of MP because of our lack of shape defensively and especially our work rate. So only fair to give credit where it is due, tactically good and the work rate was faultless.

I could have a whine about why we couldn't have worked that hard in our last two home games, but last night was all we were looking for in terms of effort.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but if we work like that for the rest of the season no reason why league and league cup not doable, plus get to the latter stages of CL when even teams like Barca get twitchy and who knows.

So well done MP and well done blues, more of that until May please!

Just like to ask where the fernando slayers are now! Fantastic performance from the man who doesn't challenge! Fernandinhio fantastic yet again! Silva looking something like himself!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.