Prague

You must go up the bell tower that was made famous in the movie.

Oh wait, that was Bruge.

Never been. Prince Charles described it as his “favourite city”. My neighbours Phil and Caroline described it as “ disappointing and not as good as an away day trip to York.”
Enjoy.

Try Crazy Daisy bar and Annoymous, cocktail bars abit more expensive but both nice and very good cocktails.

Walk up to the top of the castle, I think its 300+ steps up and a great view of Prague

Thanks for the reply. Regarding Charles Bridge. I'm thinking that we'll get up early one morning and go there for photos etc. Probably less beggars and tourists about at say 6:30am. I've also read that the Park you've mentioned is worth a visit.

We're not mad on art or architecture although seeing and taking photo's of nice buildings whilst walking around the City is something we'd do but paying to go into a museum of art or a cathedral we feel is wasted on us. For example, whilst in Moscow a few years back we paid to go into St Basil's cathedral but we got more from just looking at it from the outside.

A decent music museum or anything to do with WW2 would be of interest though, as would any off the beaten track little pubs, bars or restaurants serving Czech food.

Definitely head over the bridge to the Mala Strana neighbourhood where the Kampa area also is.
Even though it's only a stones throw from the centre, it's a totally different vibe/atmosphere, much less crowded and some real nice streets to wander through and bars to sample.

It's also where a lot of the Embassy's are, and the John Lennon wall is quite famous.
There is a pub right next to it, worth a visit too.

Rumour they might be playing the Etihad next year.

If you are into

Rumour they might be playing the Etihad next year.

If you are into WW2 history, this may be a good tour for you.

I do a lot of reading on the history of WW2 and one of the major events of WW2 happened in Prague. The assassination of Reinhard Heydrich and the subsequent retribution. The tour covers these events and sites I think by the sounds of it.
Not mad on massive gig venues but I'd definitely go see them at our place.

Cheers for the link to that tour mate. Pencilled it in as sounds really interesting.

Great place. Couldn't tell you any restaurant names but I had a really nice stew served in a hollowed out loaf more than once. The beer is great and there's plenty to try too. I even liked the local spirit (Becherovka)
I did a tour of the Becherovka distillery in Karlovy Vary a few years back. Absolutely smashed at the end of it. The lemon flavoured one is to die for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.