Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
If we win the league this year it will be nice, I'll cheer, feel happy and maybe go for a few beers and sing a few songs and watch the deciding game on replay that night.

If we win the Champions League this year I will probably cry, will ring every blue I know and scream down the phone, I'll hug my family, I'll be euphoric for days, weeks even, will spend days and days watching every angle, every clip, every celebration. I'll It will feel like the pinnacle of 45 years support, as good as 2012 did. Possibly better.

How you feel is of course up to you but I'll put it another way. I cannot fathom how anybody who professes to loves the club does not feel the same way.
It’s a bit like saying you can’t understand why not everyone fancies your missus though. Stuff is different, depending on who you are. I can’t understand why anyone would ever vote Tory, but millions do…

Win the league, but having thought about it, it’s actually closer than I imagined, on the grounds I wouldn’t want the dippers to win the Champions League whilst we win the league.

United have three times in almost 50 years of competing, Liverpool 'only' six, for similar lifespan.

We have been more than competing in the Champions League for just ten years.

Nottingham Forest, Villa, both have won it, but it counts for little apart from snide boasting.

The Premier League must always come first for me, anything else is a bonus.

It shows you are the best.

Just as Chelsea aren't the best team in the world for winning the Club World Cup.

We are the best team in Europe but the accolades always goes to the champs league winners for some reason even when majority of those teams winning it are not champions of there country!

Once we win it I bank of winning it again in the next 3/5 years it’s just that first one and why now I want it more than premier.

The ideal thing is to win both or the treble this year.

To give you a feedback from outside UK,
this PL over CL thing is absolutely unique, and mind boggling.

Very difficult to understand for German football fans to prefer the domestic title over the cup of the best teams in Europe.

I think it's
1) about Europe per se but more importantly
2) about banter. The negative consequences of a dipper PL title will by far outweigh the joys of a CL win.

That means the vote depends if you compare the meaning of 2 titles or the emotional consequences of following painful banter.

Feedback or corrections very welcome.

Polls are all about phrasing of the question.

Whoever came up with this knew the answer they'd get by putting "but Liverpool win" in one question and not the other.

Correct put or West Ham will win the league the poll be 95% in favour of the champs league

The arguement you are making is incorrect. It wouldn't be a single season based choice of 'we prefer Europe over domestic' it would be a case of 'we are the dominant and best team in England and have been for 10 years, but for one season (if needed) we are going to focus attention on getting the CL monkey off our backs, then we'll win the league the next season'

no, my argument is perfectly fine and correct.

It's the wrong time to ask. If we were in a scrap for the title, it's a good question.
But with a 9 (6) point lead, voting for the Champion's League at the expense of the Premier League would mean accepting a calamitous collapse to the benefit of the Dippers. No way any true City fan could accept that....even if we won the Champion's League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.