Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
I only want to win the UCL to shut the haters up! But then again not sure it would

Re. that, I can only quote what I said earlier on:

By the way, lest anyone believe that there'll be no stick to beat us with if/when we do win it. Wake up from that illusion. It'll be (from dippers, rags and Chelsea) “come back and see us when you've won it several times”. From the rags, it'll be “come back and see us when you've won the league and the cup in the same season” (of course, that nightmare for them may happen this season). From the rest, it'll be “What took you so long to buy it, given your pots of cash?” If you care about what others say and think, you'll never be happy. I say fuck the lot of them.

It's not one or the other, we play to win everything. League is the priority though, always will be. every fan knows this, only those whose team does better in cups will say otherwise.

Look at our record last year in the champions league, 1 draw, 1 loss, all the rest wins, comfortably the best team in it, didn't win it. Liverpool won it failing to win nearly half of their games a few years earlier.

The league is always my preference but this year it’s particularly vital in a historical context.

We win it this year and that’s 4 times out of 5 and we’re the dominant force in the English game and arguably the most dominant ever. Lose it to the dippers and that’s 3-2 on the last 5 yrs - unthinkable.

It's the wrong time to ask. If we were in a scrap for the title, it's a good question.
But with a 9 (6) point lead, voting for the Champion's League at the expense of the Premier League would mean accepting a calamitous collapse to the benefit of the Dippers. No way any true City fan could accept that....even if we won the Champion's League.
Losing a six point lead with this many games left is far from a collapse in anyones book. The title is nowhere near being in the bag.

It has to be the league this season given those options, esp. if Liverpool is the alternative. They can’t get any more insufferable about their European pedigree but they can become far more dislikable with a Prem under their belt, esp. as it means we’d have blown it.

If the alternative was Chelsea wins the league and we win CL this season I’d be okay with that maybe.

But we’re in a fine position to win both for now, thankfully. Let’s go boys.

I feel the Premier league is much more important and tougher to win. But I would choose to win the champions league only reason is that we haven't won it yet but once we win it once its the league all day.

Being in this position it has to be PL.

Wouldn't be allowed to forget blowing the lead we have and could be a hangover into next season.

However, mines a Treble this season ;-)

I feel the Premier league is much more important and tougher to win. But I would choose to win the champions league only reason is that we haven't won it yet but once we win it once its the league all day.
How can the league be tougher to win when we have won the league several times but never the champions league. Odd statement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.